• Announces strong growth figures in network security channel sales, training and engagement to more than 650 channel partners from North America and Latin America;
• Survey findings reinforce the value of Dell’s end-to-end security solutions, reveals more than 80 percent of Dell partners have seen an increase in security solutions sales in past year;
• Introduces exclusive offers, including a 50 percent rebate on Dell SonicWALL products, with authorized distribution partners to help fund growth for the next year.
More than 650 channel partners from North America and Latin America are attending the conference to learn about Dell Security solutions through keynotes, breakout sessions and demonstrations. The Peak Performance conference is co-sponsored by Dell distributor partners Ingram Micro, Securematics, Tech Data, D&H Distributing, and SYNNEX.
The Peak Performance conference highlights the tremendous network security success Dell and its partners have achieved in the last 12 months as a key element of Dell's overall channel strategy, including:
12,000 partners sold SonicWALL products;
• Number of deal registrations increased by 7 percent to over 4,100 per quarter, while the number of partners submitting deal registrations rose by 12 percent to 1,300 per quarter;
• Partners who attended Peak Performance last year saw 40 percent year-over-year growth and 33 percent quarter-over-quarter growth;
• 8,700 network security courses were taken, representing 1,700 partner companies; and,
• 320 partners earned the network security competency, bringing the total number of Preferred and Premier level partners to 1,500.
Survey Results Reinforce Channel Strength and Value in End-to-End Security Portfolio
More than 83 percent of the 100+ Dell partners participating in a recent survey conducted by Dell, have experienced an increase in sales of security solutions in the past year. Other survey results:
• Seventy percent of participants validated Dell's end-to-end strategy by saying it is "very important or important" that they offer their customers network security, mobile security, and identity and access. management from a single vendor, a seven percent increase from last year's survey.
• Seventy-four percent of partners revealed that IT security is important to SMB customers.
• Sixty-six percent of partners ranked training by vendors a key focus of the Dell Peak Performance conference one of the three most important elements in creating a partner program in security.
Exclusive Event Offers
Dell also announced an exclusive offer for Dell Security Peak Performance attendees for a 50 percent instant rebate on select Dell SonicWALL TZ and NSA appliances, while supplies last. This rebate will be made available Sept. 1 through Sept. 11 with key distributors Ingram Micro, Securematics, Tech Data, D&H Distributing, and SYNNEX. A second offer that proved successful since last year’s Peak event, a Double Down Security Certified Volume Incentive Rebate, is being offered again this year to incite increased business opportunities for certified Dell network security partners. Additional channel profitability opportunities will be unveiled during Peak Performance main stage presentations.
Channel Partners Realize Power of the End-to-End Security Portfolio
Dell's network security products represent a key element of the company's end-to-end Security Solutions portfolio, which eliminates silos and complexity that can kill efficiency and squander business critical resources. Other Dell security solutions include Identity and Access Management, Data Security, SecureWorks, and Endpoint Systems Management. At the Dell Security Peak Performance conference, Dell network security executives are being joined by leaders of the other security teams to discuss industry trends and how Dell's holistic approach is addressing them.
Dell Identity and Access Management products designed for leverage by channel partners include:
• Defender, fully integrated with SonicWALL, enhances security by requiring two-factor authentication to gain access to valuable network resources.
• Privileged Password Manager controls the process of granting SonicWALL administrators the credentials necessary to perform their duties. With full recording and replay for auditing and compliance it provides a single point of control to authorize connections, view active connections and limit access to specific commands and resources, as well as record all activity, alert if connections exceed pre-set time limits, and terminate connections.
• Cloud Access Manager (CAM) is a web-access management solution that offers secure and unified access to all internal and cloud-based web applications while simultaneously enhancing security without impacting user productivity. The Dell Security Analytics Engine (SAE), included with CAM, gathers information from a number of sources including Dell SonicWALL firewalls, to generate a comprehensive risk score that is used by CAM to make real-time, context-aware access decisions.
"Our security Value Added Resellers (VARs) are out protecting our customer base every day. We're absolutely committed to helping them provide the most effective security solutions to their customers while growing their businesses," said Curtis Hutcheson, vice president and GM of Dell Security Solutions. "Partners who attended Peak Performance last year saw 40 percent year-over-year growth by leveraging best practices, enhancements to our portfolio and our channel investments. We look forward to another great event this year and enabling even more success for our partners."
"It's clear from our SonicWALL channel partners' continued success that demand for network security solutions is stronger than ever," said Marvin Blough, executive director of channels and alliances, Dell Software Group. "At this year's North American Dell Security Peak Performance conference, we look forward to having in-depth technical discussions with our partners and highlighting new Dell innovations like our recently released TZ Series of SMB firewalls. With our award-winning software solutions, Dell has established itself as a true leader in the IT security industry, and our tremendous partner network makes me confident that the best is yet to come."
"The market for network security solutions is really taking off, and working with Dell in the past year, we've increased our SonicWALL revenues by more than 650 percent," said Larry Cecchini, Chief Executive Officer of Dell partner Secure Designs. "Dell's software solutions are addressing a wide range of our SMB customers' security needs, giving them peace of mind and helping them increase productivity. We look forward to enhancing our offerings by collaborating on best practices with Dell and other partner security experts at the Peak Performance event."
Dell, Inc. (dell.com) listens to customers and delivers innovative technology and services that give them the power to do more.
Join us Oct. 20-22 at Dell World 2015, Dell’s flagship event bringing together technology and business professionals to network, share ideas and help co-create a better future.
Dell is a trademark of Dell Inc. Dell disclaims any proprietary interest in the marks and names of others.