Infosys, a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services, today announced Aikido, three enhanced service offerings in Design Thinking, Platforms and Knowledge-Based IT (KBIT). These services are aimed at helping clients address three key aspects of their business: a non-disruptive renewal and simplification of their existing landscapes; introduction of new offerings and business models in a dynamic business environment, and creating a culture of innovation in their organizations.
The first of these services is Ki - Knowledge-based management and evolution of landscapes which captures the knowledge within an organization in its people, in its structures and systems over long periods of time. Ki is a large scale, modular service to help renew enterprise landscapes.
The services in this space will include:
• Knowledge Based IT Strategy which will involve KBIT assessments, the development of an operating roadmap and a portfolio rationalization of existing initiatives.
• Knowledge Curation Services focused on helping enterprises consolidate and transition business, operations and workforce.
• Knowledge Based Cost Optimization with an objective to help enterprises renew their mainframe applications, support cost optimization and drive automation in business operations.
• Knowledge Based Innovation which will leverage new application development, new technology and platform adoption.
Do refers to the service offering on Design Thinking and design-led initiatives that will provide Infosys the framework for finding, understanding and defining the problems that are most important to clients and their businesses.
The services under this track will include:
• Strategic Design Consulting which will draw upon the company’s consulting practice to identify challenges for clients, designing systems to amplify innovation and creating and deploying IP for them.
• Transformational Digital Experiences that will focus on offering clients comprehensive experience design, and will see extensive collaborations.
• Enablement of a future workforce and workplace leveraging Infosys’ extensive capabilities in education and training, facility management and sustainability, taking these to clients to provide them offerings in training, workforce acquisition and workspace management.
The Ki and Do services will be offered by Infosys Consulting.
Ai refers to platforms, and platforms as a service to build intelligent solutions. Ai is about Platforms that help to harmonize and unify the disjointed initiatives in enterprises and help build solutions to emerging business problems.
Ai will include:
• Infosys Information Platform, an open source data analytics platform that enables businesses to operationalize their data assets and uncover new opportunities for rapid innovation and growth.
• Service Automation Platforms that will leverage artificial intelligence and knowledge-based techniques. This will include the Infosys Automation Platform, Panaya and other offerings in the Engineering services, BPO and testing space.
• Mobile platforms based on Skava that offer a hybrid mobile application platform to deliver experiences on the cloud.
• The Edge suite of innovative, cloud-hosted business platforms and software products offered to clients as ‘Pay-as-you-use’ services, focused on realizing business outcomes by driving revenue growth, cost-effectiveness and improved profitability.
In addition, Infosys plans to offer platforms to address the Internet of Things (IoT) and Application Programming Interface (API) requirements of its clients.
Together, Ai, Ki and Do, help bring together existing Infosys services to serve strategic priorities of global businesses.
Dr. Vishal Sikka, Chief Executive Officer, Infosys said,“I am very excited to announce three service offerings: Ki in Knowledge-Based IT, Do in Design Thinking, and Ai in Platforms. This is an important step to further accelerate the execution of our strategy to renew existing services and move into entirely new areas, as well as to tie together our existing service lines to the strategic priorities of our clients. Ai, Ki and Do combine into Aikido, the east Asian martial arts, and just as Aikido aims to understand the forces, and redirect these it into a fundamental strength, our Ai, Ki and Do services will help combine the knowledge and energy in an enterprise towards its strategic path and priorities.”
Infosys (infosys.com) is a global leader in consulting, technology, outsourcing and next-generation services. We enable clients, in more than 50 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
Certain statements in this press release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations intended to qualify for the 'safe harbor' under the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2015. These filings are available at sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. Any forward-looking statements contained herein are based on assumptions that we believe to be reasonable as of this date. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company unless it is required by law.
Paul de Lara - Infosys, UK
P: +44(0)20 7516 2748 - E: Paul_deLara[.]infosys.com.
Cristin Balog - Infosys, USA
P: +1 650-320-4126 - E: Cristin_Balog[.]infosys.com.