• Barracuda introduces CudaDrive, a flexible and secure cloud file service for businesses, delivered on desktops via local virtual drive, as well as mobile and web applications.
• CudaDrive enables businesses to securely store, share, and access files from anywhere, and includes user data protection for endpoints, and the option to add an appliance for an easy transition from existing corporate file shares.
• Unlike sync-only services, CudaDrive differentiates its desktop offering by not requiring that a file be synced locally to access it, helping to preserve valuable storage space.
• CudaDrive pricing is simple, with plans available by storage capacity with unlimited users, rather than charging by seat or by user, a key differentiator for the solution.
Store, Protect, and Access Files from Anywhere
Barracuda today launched CudaDrive, a flexible and secure cloud file service for businesses. Delivered to desktops via virtual drive, as well as via mobile and web applications, CudaDrive enables businesses to securely store, share, and access files stored in the Barracuda cloud from anywhere. CudaDrive also includes user data protection for endpoints, and the option to add an appliance for an easy transition from existing corporate file shares. Additionally, the desktop virtual drive feature helps preserve valuable storage space by not requiring that a file be synced locally to access it, a key differentiator from legacy sync-only services. As with other Barracuda solutions, pricing is simple, with plans available by storage capacity with unlimited users rather than charging by seat or by user.
“We’ve helped many companies back up and protect server data with Barracuda Backup, and now with CudaDrive, we’re able to protect end-user data and provide easy sharing,” says Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. “It’s not uncommon that users view, share, and store corporate data from many different access points, whether on a smartphone, tablet, or computer, presenting a challenge for companies to ensure that all of this data is protected. CudaDrive helps solve the common business challenge of enabling access to corporate files from any device, while protecting data stored on those devices in the event of a failure or loss.”
Storage Management via Desktop Virtual Drive
Designed for business, CudaDrive delivers cloud file services via a unique desktop virtual drive interface and provides employees with instant and secure access to company data from any device. Unlike legacy sync-only services, the virtual drive feature offers users an identical view of their files stored in the Barracuda cloud, even if the files and folders are not stored on the users’ local hard drives, helping to preserve valuable storage space.
CudaDrive highlights include:
• User Data Protection - automatically protects documents, desktop, and downloads folders on endpoints, including individual computers and mobile devices, with the ability to add other locations with one click.
• Desktop Virtual Drive - intelligently caches data, minimizing local storage requirements and maintaining access to files without the need to sync.
• Enhanced Security - encrypts all data in transit to, and at rest in the Barracuda cloud, using 256-bit AES encryption - the same standard used by military and government agencies - and locally stored data becomes unavailable once users are logged out of the service.
• Simplified Pricing - can be purchased by storage capacity without any per user fees.
Intelligent Bandwidth Management via CudaDrive Site Server
The CudaDrive experience also can include the addition of an on-premises CudaDrive Site Server, allowing for intelligent bandwidth management for businesses. CudaDrive Site Server provides faster, direct access to files via a local cache, improving speed while on a company’s LAN. Further, the appliance enables file server consolidation by sharing files stored in the cloud via network drive shares. This eases the transition from traditional local file servers to CudaDrive cloud storage. With CudaDrive Site Server, users have ubiquitous access to files both in the cloud and stored locally.
“Like many companies, our users and agents need access to corporate files while they’re away from the office, and we need to make sure the data they’re using is protected,” explains, Steve Lenker, Director of Operations, Howard Hanna Realcom Realty. “Barracuda has designed CudaDrive to meet the demands of both IT and end users. CudaDrive offers customers the ability to protect corporate data, leverage flexible pricing, and the option to add a local appliance for local data control.”
“As a Barracuda reseller, we’ve come to rely on the network flexibility Barracuda’s storage solutions offer our customers,” says, Rusty Easter, Owner, REDtech, LLC. “CudaDrive will help us expand our solution offerings to customers to help them protect and securely access their company data from mobile devices at an attractive price point.”
CudaDrive is Barracuda’s next-generation cloud file services platform, and is an evolution of Copy, the company’s legacy file sync and share service. Existing Copy for Companies customers will be migrated to CudaDrive.
CudaDrive pricing starts as low as $39.99 per month for 100GBs, and all plans include unlimited users.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (barracuda.com) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use, and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud, and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.
Barracuda, Barracuda Networks, and the Barracuda Networks logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Barracuda Networks, Inc. in the U.S. or other regions.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the potential benefits and functionality of CudaDrive. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.