PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Tokyo, Japan, 2015/07/16 - NEC Corporation announced its selection by the Receita Federal (Brazilian National Tax Collection Agency) to provide NeoFace® Watch facial recognition technology for 14 international airports throughout Brazil - NEC.com. NEC; TSE: 6701
NEC Corporation today announced its selection by the Receita Federal (Brazilian National Tax Collection Agency) to provide NeoFace® Watch facial recognition technology for 14 international airports throughout Brazil, including the major hub of Governador André Franco Montoro International Airport (Guarulhos Airport) in Sao Paolo and Antônio Carlos Jobim International Airport (Galeão Airport) in Rio de Janeiro, in order to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of customs procedures.
NEC's NeoFace® Watch solution enables automatic facial recognition through photos, CCTV images, recorded videos and webcams. It can be applied across a wide range of businesses to identify people both for security purposes and in customer relationship management, positioning itself as a flexible platform that aims to meet the needs of companies and governments alike.
For this project, NEC will deliver facial recognition systems that consist of NeoFace® Watch software, CCTV cameras, servers and network infrastructure, as well as integration services for Receita Federal's existing systems and maintenance services.
Brazilian international airports that will adopt the NeoFace® Watch solution include:
• Tancredo Neves (Belo Horizonte Minas Gerais);
• Juscelino Kubitschek (Brasília Distrito Federal);
• Viracopos (Campinas Sao Paulo);
• Afonso Pena (Curitiba Parana);
• Hercílio Luz (Florianópolis Santa Catarina);
• Pinto Martins (Fortaleza Ceará);
• Eduardo Gomes (Manaus Amazonas);
• Augusto Severo, (Natal Rio Grande do Norte);
• Salgado Filho (Porto Alegre Rio Grande do Sul);
• Gilberto Freyre/ Guararapes (Recife Pernambuco);
• Antônio Carlos Jobim/ Galeão (Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro);
• Dep. Luís Eduardo Magalhães (Salvador Bahia);
• Governador André Franco Montoro/Cumbica (Guarulhos Sao Paulo);
• Cataratas (Foz do Iguacu Parana).
"NEC's facial recognition technology was evaluated by the U.S. National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as the world's number one in precision and speed of analysis(*). After integration with the Receita Federal system, it will facilitate the identification of passengers who have been registered for suspect activity by the agency, contributing to the improvement of the country's border controls and, consequently, to the improvement of society in general," said Daniel Mirabile, president of NEC in Brazil.
This is the first Brazilian government project that utilizes the NeoFace® Watch solution.