PegaWORLD 2015 - Pegasystems, Inc., the software company empowering the world's leading enterprises with strategic business applications, today announced significant enhancements to Pega 7, an industry-leading, model-driven application development environment and platform for Pega's portfolio of strategic applications. Pega 7's new mobility and analytics capabilities allow enterprises to improve productivity and drive deeper customer engagement across more channels with increased intelligence.
While mobile applications have exploded in the consumer realm, business users are increasingly demanding the same kind of experience with enterprise applications from any device. IDC predicts that enterprise mobile application development platforms will grow into a $3.7 billion market opportunity by 20181. Pegasystems is building on its market leading mobile capabilities enabling enterprises to build and deploy advanced mobile applications quickly with little to no programing experience required.
With new "anytime, anywhere" mobility, end users can effectively use their Pega applications on mobile devices when they experience intermittent or no wireless connectivity at all. This means a train conductor can check in passengers using their mobile devices even as the train speeds in and out of a stable Wi-Fi signal, or a service technician can access his work list when inside a building with poor wireless connectivity. Once the wireless signal is restored, all data, records, and actions are automatically synched to the enterprise server. Additional mobility features, such as convenient iOS Touch ID sign in support and device-specific toggling capabilities between application screens, further drive productivity for the increasing number of employees using mobile devices and applications in the field or on the road. Because the mobile apps are built on Pega's industry-leading unified model-driven development environment, customers can easily evolve applications to meet changing customer and business needs without manual coding.
Pega 7's new analytics capabilities allow enterprises to detect hidden behavior patterns that help businesses provide more personalized customer experiences. In the age of empowered customers, enterprises are under more pressure than ever to deliver exceptional customer experiences at every turn. By monitoring customer behaviors and events across all channels, businesses can use these insights to more intelligently present relevant offers and promotions in context of the needs of each customer. Pega can also identify warning signs of customer dissatisfaction and allow enterprises to take immediate and relevant action to rectify any issues.
These new analytics capabilities can help businesses better engage with customers in a number of industries: a financial services company can detect unusual shifts of funds in a customer's account that would trigger the company to reach out with an appropriate financial product offer; or a telecom provider can offer a discounted mobile service package for a customer who has an expiring contract or has been experiencing network issues.
In addition, new developer enhancements to Pega 7 include:
• Improved Usability for Business Users New capabilities empower business users to make real-time changes to applications and customize their dashboards to best meet their needs.
• Plug and Play Advanced connectivity features make it fast and secure to extend existing applications with the power of the Pega 7 platform through published APIs and make it easier to embed Pega screens into existing apps with web and mobile mashup capabilities. This allows businesses to more conveniently scale their Pega 7 capabilities across different channels.
• Accelerated Development Developers can more efficiently test and debug external data sources in their Pega applications and more effectively re-use previous development work, enabling businesses to adapt to market needs and bring applications to market faster.
The Pega 7 Platform can be deployed in the cloud or on-premises. According to an independent study by Capgemini, Pega 7 allows organizations to deploy changes eight times faster than traditional Java based applications. Pega's latest visual tools enable businesses to easily extend and change the application to meet their strategic business needs without coding. Pega's proven scalability ensures the application operates across the ever-changing needs of users, business lines, geographies, and channels that today's enterprises demand. Based on these capabilities, enterprises can automatically adapt to different regions, products, customers, and employees for each and every interaction.
Pega has received broad industry recognition for its distinctive end-to-end capabilities and has been named a leader in the Forrester Research, The Forrester Wave™: CRM Suites for Large Organizations, Q1 2015 2, Gartner Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center 2015 3, Gartner Magic Quadrant for BPM-Platform-Based Case Management Frameworks 2015 4, Gartner Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites 2015 5, and Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms 2014 6.
Quotes & Commentary:
"Our continued investment in our unified platform helps our customers drive transformation and competitive advantage in the market," said Kerim Akgonul, Senior Vice President, Products at Pegasystems. "These new mobility and analytics capabilities help our customers easily handle new channels and engage with users to drive customer engagement across all channels and devices."
1. IDC: "Worldwide Mobile Enterprise Application Development Platform 2014 2018 Forecast and 2013 Vendor Shares," Stacy K. Crook, Al Hilwa, December 2014 Doc # #252955
2. Forrester Research: The Forrester Wave™: "CRM Suites for Large Organizations, Q1 2015," Kate Leggett, with Stephen Powers, Fraser Tibbetts, and Arelai Ephraim, March 25, 2015
3. Gartner, Inc.,"Magic Quadrant for the CRM Customer Engagement Center," Michael Maoz, Jim Davies, April 27, 2015
4. Gartner, Inc.,"Magic Quadrant for BPM-Platform-Based Case Management Frameworks," Janelle B. Hill, Kenneth Chin, Rob Dunie, March 12, 2015
5. Gartner, Inc.,"Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites, 2015," Rob Dunie, W. Roy Schulte, Michele Cantara, Marc Kerremans, March 18, 2015
6. Gartner, Inc.,"Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms, 2014," Ray Valdes, Van L. Baker, Richard Marshall, Jason Wong, September 2, 2014
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Pegasystems (pega.com) develops strategic applications for sales, marketing, service and operations. Pega’s applications streamline critical business operations, connect enterprises to their customers seamlessly in real-time across channels, and adapt to meet rapidly changing requirements. Pega’s Global 2000 customers include many of world’s most sophisticated and successful enterprises. Pega’s applications, available in the cloud or on-premises, are built on its unified Pega 7 platform, which uses visual tools to easily extend and change applications to meet clients’ strategic business needs. Pega’s clients report that Pega gives them the fastest time to value, extremely rapid deployment, efficient re-use and global scale.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
The information contained in this press release is not a commitment, promise, or legal obligation to deliver any material, code or functionality. The development, release and timing of any features or functionality described remains at the sole discretion of Pegasystems, Pegasystems specifically disclaims any liability with respect to this information.