As the battle for consumer loyalty continues to escalate, retailers are increasingly focused on understanding, and meeting, the targeted needs of local shoppers in all their markets. They have a wealth of data on how consumer needs vary from store to store but the challenge lies in profitably transforming those insights into localized merchandise assortments and planograms. Now JDA Software Group, Inc., has announced new capabilities in JDA® Category Management™ that make it easier than ever to automatically generate tailored planograms and assortments that reflect the needs of local shoppers.
The industry’s most widely used space and category management solution, JDA Category Management, delivers the end-to-end capabilities that retailers need to excel in today’s consumer-centric, highly competitive environment. The JDA Category Management suite enables retailers to achieve profitable store-level growth by generating highly localized assortments and space plans via an efficient, automated process replacing manually intensive customization tasks and significantly reducing resource needs.
The newest release of JDA Category Management features three key enhancements that simplify and accelerate the process of generating localized space plans, displays and merchandise assortments. These new capabilities include:
• Store Clustering through enhancements to JDA Assortment Optimization, users can more easily define strategies and tactics for a group of stores, and then automatically apply these same tactics to a sub-cluster of stores, or even individual stores within the group with Assortment Generator.
• Customized Local Planograms through enhancements inJDA Planogram Generator, users can more efficiently customize local planograms to incorporate signage and other non-merchandise elements, as well as allow for some “flex” space, even during the automated planogram generation process.
• Flexible Scalable Code Base the new release of JDA Space Automation Professionalfeatures a flexible, scalable code base and delivers faster performance, making it easier to automate all JDA Category Management applications to target individual store needs.
“Our retail customers and their trading partners know that the key to winning consumer loyalty is having precisely targeted assortments in every store,” said David Johnston, senior vice president of Global Industry Strategies at JDA Software. “Our job as a technology partner is to make it as fast and cost-effective as possible to accommodate local shopper preferences. With the new enhancements in JDA Category Management, retailers can create tailored local assortments that are based on proven real-world shopper needs without investing huge amounts of time and resources. With this release, JDA has made the production of customized plans and assortments faster and more automated than ever before, creating a real competitive advantage for our Category Management customers.”
Learn more about JDA Category Management:
• Visit JDA in the Technology Pavilion at FMI-Connect 2015, June 8-11 in Chicago, booth 1958 POD.
• Join JDA at the 2015 Category Management Conference, September 29 October 1 in Orlando.
• Download our e-book: Are You Prepared to Customize Assortments?
• Read the “Optimizing the Consumer Experience at Walgreens” case study.
• Download the FMI-GMA TPA Report: Solving the Out-of-Stock Problem here.
• Watch how Red Bull Red Bull uses JDA Space & Category Management solutions to create and manage thousands of planograms for its customers.
About JDA Software Group, Inc.
At JDA (jda.com), we’re fearless leaders. We’re the leading provider of end-to-end, integrated retail and supply chain planning and execution solutions for more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Our unique solutions empower our clients to achieve more by optimizing costs, increasing revenue and reducing time to value so they can always deliver on their customer promises. Using JDA, you can plan to deliver.
“JDA” is a trademark or registered trademark of JDA Software Group, Inc. Any trade, product or service name referenced in this document using the name “JDA” is a trademark and/or property of JDA Software Group, Inc.