• The Sonus Diameter Signaling Controller Software edition (DSC SWe) and Sonus Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) IQ joined the Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition (SBC SWe) with inclusion into the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem.
• The Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem Program is the first open community dedicated to accelerating the market development of Network Functions Virtualization (NFV).
• Sonus and the NFV community members focus on collaborating and integrating services and solutions to accelerate the adoption of NFV to create new business opportunities across the industry.
Sonus Networks, Inc., a global leader in enabling and securing real-time communications, announced today the expansion of its product portfolio in the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem with the inclusion of the Sonus Diameter Signaling Controller Software edition (DSC SWe) and the Sonus Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) IQ. The solutions will join the currently deployed Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition (SBC SWe) introduced into the program in 2014. Sonus is a major contributor of the burgeoning Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) market and will continue to work with the CloudBand™ Ecosystem members to expedite market awareness, clarity and developments to create interoperable platforms that tightly integrate and function together to enable new carrier Cloud business models.
NFV offers service providers increased service agility in a low touch manner that reduces both operational expense and access to policy-on-demand, enabling the ability to turn service up or down based on need at a particular time without paying for more than what is necessary or waiting for delayed roll-outs or site visits for installs.
Sonus continues to drive leadership in Cloud-based deployments by expanding its current product portfolio to include virtualized SBCs, DSCs, NaaS platforms, policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways, offering a wide range of NFV products for next generation Cloud-based service offerings.
The Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem is the first open community of members collaborating to accelerate these capacities by fostering collaboration among members to quicken adoption of NFV and create new business opportunities across the industry. Sonus is supporting the CloudBand™ Ecosystem by deploying three of its NFV compliant products:
1. Sonus DSC SWe: The DSC SWe delivers the same advanced features and functionality of Sonus’ hardware-based DSC in a virtualized platform, delivering greater deployment flexibility for network operators.
2. Sonus NaaS IQ: NaaS IQ is an application-aware platform that provides real-time control of both network and application performance. NaaS IQ enables on-demand service creation for Cloud, data centers and enterprise applications and services.
3. Sonus SBC SWe: The SBC SWe is the industry’s first software-based SBC architected to deliver unmatched scalability with the same advanced features and functionality of hardware on a virtualized platform.
These Sonus solutions address service provider’s demand for NFV and software-defined networking (SDN) enabled technology to scale, secure and bring intelligence to real-time communications within Cloud-based delivery platforms.
“Sonus offers a full portfolio of virtualized solutions dedicated to bringing intelligence and security to service provider’s real-time communications,” said Tony Scarfo, executive vice president, Product Management and Corporate Development. “Sonus’ participation in the Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem will not only bolster our traction in the NFV space, but also accelerate the critical need for NFV across the industry.”
“As an industry leader dedicated to virtualizing its current product offerings to enable service providers and enterprises to better deliver intelligence and security for Cloud-based real-time communications, we are very pleased that Sonus has become a part of the CloudBand™ Ecosystem Program,” said Valerie Noto, director of CloudBand™ Ecosystem Program, Alcatel-Lucent. “Sonus’ active participation in this program substantiates the critical importance of the open strategy to streamlining and de-risking service providers’ move to NFV.”
“Our research shows that there is strong demand for an open ecosystem of NFV compliant vendor solutions that can seamlessly work together to tackle NFV challenges and accelerate services offerings at a lower cost,” said Ronald Gruia, director of Emerging Telecoms at Frost & Sullivan. “As part of the CloudBand™ Ecosystem, Sonus solutions will play a key role delivering network security and intelligence to help enable new carrier Cloud business models.”
• Sonus leverages a common, hardened code base across its hardware and software portfolios for core communications networks, providing customers holistic investment protection.
• The DSC SWe was named a finalist in the LTE North America Awards in the 2014 NFV Innovation of the Year category.
• The SBC SWe was recognized by INTERNET TELEPHONY in 2014 as a UC Product of the Year winner and was a recipient of the 2014 Excellence in Software Defined Networking award by the editors of INTERNET TELEPHONY and SDN Zone.
Sonus, SONS, Alcatel-Lucent CloudBand™ Ecosystem, ALU, Sonus Diameter Signaling Controller Software Edition, Sonus DSC SWe, Sonus Network-as-a-Service IQ, Sonus NaaS IQ, Sonus Session Border Controller Software edition, Sonus SBC SWe, Networks Functions Virtualization, NFV, Cloud
Sonus (sonusnet.com) brings intelligence and security to real-time communications. By helping the world embrace the next generation of Cloud-based SIP and 4G/LTE solutions, Sonus enables and secures latency-sensitive, mission critical traffic for VoIP, video, instant messaging and online collaboration. With Sonus, enterprises can give priority to real-time communications based on smart business rules while service providers can offer reliable, comprehensive and secure on-demand network services to their customers. With solutions deployed in more than 100 countries and nearly two decades of experience, Sonus offers a complete portfolio of hardware-based and virtualized Session Border Controllers (SBCs), Diameter Signaling Controllers (DSCs), Network-as-a-Service capabilities, policy/routing servers and media and signaling gateways.
Important Information Regarding Forward-Looking Statements:
The information in this release may contain certain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 regarding future events that involve risks and uncertainties. Although Sonus believes that its expectations are based on reasonable assumptions, readers are cautioned that these forward-looking statements are only predictions and are subject to inherent uncertainties, risks and changes in circumstances that are difficult to predict. All statements other than statements of historical facts contained in this report are forward-looking statements. Our actual results may differ materially from those contemplated by the forward-looking statements. For further information regarding risks and uncertainties associated with Sonus' business, please refer to the "Management's Discussion and Analysis of Financial Condition and Results of Operations" and "Risk Factors" sections of Sonus' filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Any forward-looking statements represent Sonus' views only as of the date on which such statement is made, and should not be relied upon as representing Sonus' views as of any subsequent date. While Sonus may elect to update forward-looking statements at some point, Sonus specifically disclaims any obligation to do so, except as required by law.
Alcatel, Lucent, Alcatel-Lucent, the Alcatel-Lucent logo and CloudBand are trademarks of Alcatel-Lucent. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.