• Barracuda releases CudaEye Local+ video surveillance service plan that includes cloud-managed, built-in DVR functionality with 128-bit encryption.
• CudaEye Local+ provides customers more options to store surveillance video data with local or remote access.
• CudaEye Local+ provides customers a low cost option for video surveillance that is simple to install and easy to use.
Barracuda has updated its video surveillance line with CudaEye Local+ video surveillance service plan. CudaEye Local+ provides customers with an HD IP video surveillance camera using built-in DVR functionality that is cloud-managed and 128-bit encrypted. With CudaEye Local+, customers now have the option to locally store surveillance video data to the camera located on the premises. Barracuda is demonstrating the new camera functionality for the CudaEye Local+ service plan this week in booth 22000 at ISC West 2015, April 15-17, at the Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
“Customers today need flexibility to locally store and access surveillance video data directly on the camera and CudaEye Local+ addresses this need,” said Ken Grohe, Senior Vice President & General Manager of Emerging Products at Barracuda. “The new CudaEye Local+ service plan provides customers a low cost option, with simple installation, ease of use, and scalability.”
The Local+ service plan enables cloud-managed CudaEye cameras to locally store 128-bit encrypted, HD video. Live and recorded video may be accessed from a web browser, iOS device or Android device. Highlights include:
• DVR Functionality Record and locally store 128-bit encrypted video data on a microSD card on the camera. Customers can search for, view and download stored video using a web browser or mobile device.
• Scalable Add cameras at a single location or expand to multiple sites without upgrading or adding a DVR or NVR.
• Upgradeable Upgrade to off-site cloud storage for recorded video with three options for cloud storage service plans offering more features and extended storage options.
CudaEye is a cloud-managed IP surveillance solution that offers many choices to fit the needs of customers. CudaEye delivers quality real-time and archived video directly to a browser and mobile device. Simply plug CudaEye cameras into a broadband connection and it is ready to go: no software configuration, no servers, and no network vulnerabilities. Visit CudaEye.com for additional information.
Pricing and Availability
CudaEye Local+ is available immediately and starts at a list price of $59.99 USD annually. International pricing and availability vary by region.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (barracuda.com) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the functionality, performance, and benefits of Barracuda’s CudaEye products. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results include, but are not limited to customer response to the Company’s products, as well as those factors set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.