PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Duluth, GA, United States, 2015/03/25 - Innovative, end-to-end software solutions, including cloud-based NCR Connected Payments, bring industry best practices to supply chain model, while modernizing store systems and improving customer interaction - NCR.com. NASDAQ: RADS NCR
NCR Corporation, the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, today announced that NCR Government Systems, LLC, will modernize operations for the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA). DeCA’s Enterprise Business Solution (EBS), built upon NCR’s software solutions, will help to transform DeCA’s mission-critical retail systems and provide industry-leading capabilities that optimize its operations from warehouse replenishment through to the point-of-sale, along with customer loyalty management and payment solutions.
The Defense Commissary Agency operates a worldwide chain of commissaries providing groceries to military personnel, retirees and their families in a safe and secure shopping environment. DeCA helps support military families and is a valued part of military pay and benefits saving authorized military patrons an average of 30 percent over commercial prices at retail grocers.
“NCR software and hardware solutions enable commerce at most of the largest retailers and grocers in the world. We are bringing that same best-in-class technology to transform and modernize DeCA’s enterprise,” said Stan Ratcliffe, President, NCR Government Systems, LLC. “From back-end supply chain software to consumer-facing touchpoints, NCR software will help DeCA improve their operations so that they can continue to deliver this vital benefit to military personnel worldwide.”
The multi-phase, multi-year deployment includes:
• NCR Power HQ and Power HQ Vendor Portal, which help grocery chains manage pricing and product assortment along with improved interaction with vendors.
• NCR Power Inventory and NCR Power DAX, which gives retailers real-time visibility to inventory levels, demand analytics, replenishment and order planning.
• NCR Retalix 10 Store & Sales Channel Suite, which provides comprehensive point-of-sale functionality across all consumer touchpoints, and integrates directly with store and inventory management applications
• NCR Customer & Loyalty software, which drives consumer loyalty with highly targeted promotions and incentives
• NCR Connected Payments, a SaaS-based payment solution that helps protect data and payment transmissions.
• Wholesale Distribution solutions that improve warehousing and distribution operations, including NCR Power+ WMS, Power+ Enterprise Financials, Power+ Transportation, Power+ Purchasing, Power+ OMB, and more.
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (ncr.com) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 550 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier.
NCR is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.