PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Paris, Ile-de-France, France, 2015/03/03 - Telecafé Ltda. Overcomes Complex Geographic Challenges Using Turnkey Kyrion Solution from ATEME and its Partner, Advanced Television Group - ATEME.com.
When Telecafé Ltda., a Colombian regional television channel, looked to upgrade its inefficient analog microwave radio contribution network, it turned to ATEME and its distributor, Advanced Television Group SAS (ATG), to provide a turnkey solution that links studios across the challenging terrain of the Colombian Coffee region. Visit this page to learn more about ATEME’s Kyrion solutions.
ATEME was selected for its turnkey solution, which is ideally suited for networks looking to upgrade SD analog systems to an HD-capable digital solution that offers superior vision quality while lowering operating expenses.
• Telecafé Ltda. provides programming to remote regions Telecafé Ltda. is a regional television channel that provides public television service in the Colombian Coffee region (Eje Cafetero).
• Replacement of the legacy system will drive significant operational expenditure reduction
- Highest reliability 24/7 transmissions based on future-proof video encoding/decoding pairs ensures very limited maintenance operations with this new “set and forget” system.
• Connecting studios across mountainous regions ATEME and partner ATG developed a comprehensive solution that included:
- Upgrade from an SD analog system to an HD-capable digital solution that is ideally suited for complex geographies such as those found in the region.
- IP Audio and Video contribution network over microwave links.
- The user-friendly, modular platform of the Kyrion CM5000 encoder and the Kyrion DR5000 Integrated Receiver Decoder provide state-of-the-art H.264 performance with 4:2:2 10-bit high fidelity.
• Delivering an enhanced television experience
- ATEME’s solution provides Telecafé with the latest linear TV experience featuring pristine video quality at the first step of the end-to-end delivery to the consumer.
Carolina Ocampo Rios, technical coordinator, Telecafé LtdaCarolina Ocampo Rios, technical coordinator, Telecafé Ltda., said:
We based our decision on two major factors when selecting the solution for this project. On one hand, ATEME’s is a technically superior solution when compared to other alternatives. On the other hand, the technical and engineering experience of ATG provided us with a turnkey solution that allowed for seamless integration and deployment of such a solution, while assisting us in the transition to the new system.”
ATEME (ateme.com) is a world leading provider of HEVC, MPEG-4 / H.264 and MPEG-2 bandwidth efficient compression technology. ATEME encoding solutions are deployed widely for broadcast contribution links, distribution, multi-screen live streaming, OTT and VOD applications.
Contact: Kim Dearborn - Nadel Phelan, Inc.
T: +1 831-440-2407 - E: kim[.]nadelphelan.com.