The Mobile Marketing Association (MMA), the leading global trade association for the mobile marketing industry, today announced the appointment of Michael Donnelly as the new chairman of its North American Board of Directors, as well the addition of ten new board members.
Aligning with the MMA’s marketer first mission and its commitment to increased membership value, Donnelly will lead the MMA’s regional NA board in a number of focused initiatives that will bring the full ecosystem of buyers and sellers together to help drive accelerated business growth for marketers, agencies, media companies and technology enablers. As a digital marketing veteran, Donnelly is a long-time MMA supporter and has been named one of AdAge’s “Media Mavens” and a MediaPost “Online All-Star”. Prior to leading Global Digital Marketing at MasterCard, he was the group director of Worldwide Interactive Marketing at The Coca-Cola Company.
“I strongly believe that the MMA will be a driving force of evolution within the mobile marketing industry in the coming years,” said Donnelly. “I’m thrilled to join the esteemed list of new and existing board members as chairman, and to leverage our collective knowledge and creativity to move the industry forward.”
Donnelly’s first course of action as the new chairman was to appoint new board members to ten vacant seats. The new members will serve a two-year term beginning immediately, and were selected based on their industry leadership and ambition to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile.
New board members include:
• Chairman: Michael Donnelly, SVP, Group Head Global Digital Marketing, MasterCard;
• Kim Gnatt, Global Group Director, The Coca-Cola Company;
• Danielle Lee, VP, Commercial Marketing, VEVO;
• Rich Muhlstock, SVP, Branding & Acquisition, E*TRADE;
• Lou Paskalis, SVP, Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America;
• Babs Rangaiah, VP, Global Media Innovation & Ventures, Unilever;
• Brandon Rhoten, VP, Digital & Social Media, The Wendy’s Company;
• Steven Rosenblatt, Chief Revenue Officer, Foursquare;
• Denis Sison, VP, Global Marketing, The Hershey Company;
• Jon Suarez Davis, VP, Global Media & Digital Strategy, Kellogg Company;
• Tom Cramer, Mobile Practice Lead, Razorfish;
• Stephanie Sarofian, Executive Director Brand and Agency Partnerships, InMobi.
The MMA also recently announced a new board nominations process, where potential candidates can be submitted online for consideration. The Nominations Committee, comprised of current regional and global board members, will then select and announce the new appointees early this summer.
“I could not be more excited to have Michael at the helm of our North American board,” said Greg Stuart, CEO at the MMA. “Under Michael’s leadership, the board will continue to focus on delivering the most valuable experience possible for our members, while helping marketers capitalize on mobile’s business transformational opportunity of bringing their brands closer to their consumers than was ever possible before. Michael’s understanding of what marketers need to help them leverage this new access will be a valuable asset to the MMA and industry as a whole.”
Existing board members, who will continue to serve alongside the new board appointees include:
• Chair Emeritus: Jack Philbin, Co-Founder, President & CEO, Vibes;
• Stephanie Bauer Marshall, Director, New Market Development, Verizon Wireless;
• Dr. David Castillo, Chief Technology Officer, Voltari;
• Jay Emmet, General Manager, OpenMarket/Amdocs;
• Brent Hieggelke, Chief Marketing Officer, Urban Airship;
• Monica Ho, SVP, Marketing, xAd;
• Marja Koopmans, Marketing, Microsoft Advertising;
• Edward Prince, SVP, Media and New Ventures, Neustar;
• Tim Reis, Head of Performance Solutions Activation, North America, Google;
• Doug Rozen, Chief Innovation Officer, MXM;
• Amit Shah, VP Online, Mobile & Social, 1-800-FLOWERS;
• Jay Sheth, CEO, mGage/Velti US;
• Jeremy Steinberg, Head of Sales, The Weather Company;
• Virginia Suliman, VP, Digital Design and Development, Hilton Worldwide;
• Tatyana Zlotsky, VP Digital Marketing, American Express.
About the Mobile Marketing Association (MMA)
The MMA (mmaglobal.com) is the world’s leading global non-profit trade mobile marketing association comprised of more than 800 member companies, from nearly fifty countries around the world. Our members hail from every faction of the mobile marketing ecosystem including brand marketers, agencies, mobile technology platforms, media companies, operators and others. The MMA’s mission is to accelerate the transformation and innovation of marketing through mobile, driving business growth with closer and stronger consumer engagement. Anchoring the MMA’s mission are four core pillars; to cultivate inspiration by driving the innovation for the Chief Marketing Officer; to build the mobile marketing capabilities for the marketing organizations through fostering know- how and confidence; to champion the effectiveness and impact of mobile through research providing tangible ROI measurement; and advocacy. Additionally MMA industry-wide committees work collaboratively to develop and advocate global best practices and lead standards development.
Mobile Marketing is broadly defined as including advertising, apps, messaging, mCommerce and CRM on all mobile devices including smart phones and tablets. Members include, American Express, AdChina, Colgate - Palmolive, Dunkin’ Brands, Facebook, Google, Group M, Hewlett Packard, Hilton Worldwide, Kellogg Co., L’Oréal, MasterCard, McDonalds, Microsoft, Mondelez International, Inc., Pandora Media, Procter & Gamble, R/GA, The Coca-Cola Company, The Weather Company, Unilever, Visa, Vodafone, Walmart, xAd, Zenith Optimedia and many more. The MMA’s global headquarters are located in New York with regional operations in Europe/Middle East/Africa (EMEA), Latin American (LATAM) and Asia Pacific (APAC).