PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Cambridge, MA, United States, 2015/01/12 - Charles River Analytics, a developer of intelligent systems solutions, announces a new release of its Model Analyst’s Toolkit (MAT) - CRA.com.
MAT is a software application to help scientists create, analyze, refine, and validate complex scientific models using real-world data.
“MAT provides a deep understanding of both data and models, creating better explanations of why a model does what it does, uncovering invalid model assumptions or results, comparing models against large data sets and using that data to improve the models, and providing greater trust of validated models,” said Dr. Scott Neal Reilly, Vice President, Decision Management Systems. “It is a potent tool for scientists in many fields who are attempting to understand complex and interlinked behaviors in a systematic way.”
The latest MAT release, version 7.0.0, includes a variety of new features, including:
• A new user interface that simplifies many complex modeling and analysis tasks and allows users to explore multiple data views;
• The ability for users to customize the user-interface layout;
• Better support for data at large and small scales (e.g., neurological data and geological data);
• New types of causal analysis, including a dynamic-offset correlation mechanism inspired by work in gait recognition;
• Automatic feature extraction to identify “interesting” events in streams of data;
• The ability to generate new data sets based on raw data, such as by taking logarithms, changing the scale of a data set, or computing aggregate data such as to compute per capita data by dividing a data source by the changing population size;
• Data mining and machine learning techniques that can automatically recommend adjustments to scientific models to make them better explain the available data.
The Office of Naval Research (ONR) has funded MAT for the past five years.
MAT (cra.com/mat) is available for free for academic and US Government researchers.
About Charles River Analytics
Since 1983, Charles River Analytics (cra.com) has been applying computational intelligence technologies to develop mission-relevant tools and solutions to transform our customers' data into knowledge that drives accurate assessment and robust decision-making. Charles River continues to grow its technology, customer base, and strategic alliances through research and development programs for the DoD and the Intelligence Community, addressing a broad spectrum of mission areas and functional domains, including: sensor and image processing, situation assessment and decision aiding, human systems integration, and cyber analytics. These efforts have resulted in a series of successful products that support continued growth in our core R&D contracting business, as well as the commercial sector. Charles River became an employee-owned company in 2012, to set the stage for the next-generation of innovation, service, and growth.
This material is based upon work supported by the United States Navy, under Contract No. N00014-12-C-0653. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the United States Navy.