FTI Consulting, Inc., the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced the launch of FTI Technology’s Information Governance and Compliance services offering, which provides corporates with the experienced people, defensible processes and award-winning technology to develop, implement and augment information governance programs. These services assist corporations in reducing risk, cutting storage costs, securing data and improving the effectiveness of their e-discovery process by enabling faster and deeper insight into data.
“Clients benefit from the unique skills FTI Technology brings to information governance challenges,” said David Grant, Senior Managing Director in the Technology segment at FTI Consulting. “We have the technical skills to safely migrate, archive, remediate or mine data as well as the legal industry expertise as an independent third party to assure information governance projects are conducted defensibly.”
FTI Technology’s Information Governance and Compliance services offering is flexible and can range from a single short-term project to a complete transformational service with ongoing monitoring. Specific examples of this new offering from FTI Technology include:
• Scan and quarantine sensitive data, including Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) and trade secrets: Creating security safeguards that alert teams to the presence and location of unsecured sensitive data and also identify/ remediate data on “BYOD” devices before employees leave the organization.
• File Share Cleanup: Aligning retention policies and legal holds to defensibly dispose of unnecessary data and reduce both cost and risk.
• Divestiture Data Segregation: Appropriately segregating organizational information, document processes and limit the risk from future third-party subpoenas.
• E-Discovery Process Improvement: Helping companies review and refine existing e-discovery processes, technology and workflow across matter management, litigation hold, identification, preservation, collection, analysis and review.
• Decommission and Dispose of Business Applications in a Defensible Manner: Migrating data to new business applications and defensibly remediate old applications and the data within them.
Broadly, FTI Technology’s Information Governance and Compliance services offering addresses key corporate data challenges with safety and defensibility by mining, storing, migrating and disposing of corporate data, as well as designing and implementing defensible e-discovery and information governance policies that are cost-effective and do not disrupt business operations.
“Beyond technical skills and legal expertise, our Information Governance and Compliance services offering brings to bear a wide range of capabilities, from structured data analysis to enterprise-wide change management best practices,” said Jake Frazier, Senior Managing Director in the Technology segment at FTI Consulting. “We are focused on delivering practical, measurable and cost-effective information governance services that provide tangible business benefits to our clients.”
FTI Technology (ftitechnology.com) is the e-discovery and information governance segment within FTI Consulting, a global business advisory firm. FTI Technology’s team includes forensic experts, corporate investigation specialists and technology and e-discovery professionals. The National Law Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, The Recorder and KMWorld are just some of the publications that have recognized FTI Technology as a top legal and IT software and services firm.
The firm’s Information Governance and Compliance services offering is available immediately from FTI Technology.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. (fticonsulting.com) is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. The Company generated $1.65 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2013.