VT MÄK (MÄK), a company of Vision Technologies Systems, Inc. (VT Systems), today announced that it will use its complete line of simulation software at I/ITSEC 2014 to demonstrate how state-of-the-art technology can enhance training environments. The show takes place December 1-4 (Booth #1225), in Orlando, Florida.
Alongside its core product capabilities, MÄK is unveiling several demonstrations that show how customers can integrate MÄK Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) products into training solutions.
MÄK provides the simulation technology and software architecture to build modern command staff training systems regardless of echelon to teach and practice planning, decision-making, and communication skills. Booth visitors will see:
• A battalion-level simulation evaluating alternate courses of action;
• Innovative simulations using intelligent human characters to train company commanders, and
• A low-overhead Joint Air Support Operation.
The company's reinvented VR-Vantage IG (image generator) harnesses the power of the latest graphics card technology to render beautiful scenes. The IG is combined with four different host simulation engines to demonstrate high-performance first-person player stations. I/ITSEC demonstrations include:
• A Light Armored Vehicle (LAV) demo;
• A Forward Observer using binoculars;
• A UAV sensor gimbal simulation, and
• An integration of VR-Vantage IG with the Oculus Rift.
For more than 20 years, MÄK been committed to open standards and interoperability. Since the M&S community is now embracing web and mobile technologies, MÄK will present web technologies to help build interoperable, easily accessible, rapidly developed, and highly deployable training systems.
• MÄK’s Training System Demonstrator combines lightweight web technologies with its complete line of simulation software to create a training system environment to suit both student and instructor training scenarios.
• Innovative applications for Command Staff Training focus on open standards and interfaces, allowing integration into existing and future systems both operational and simulated.
• Web interfaces help instructors set up and run MÄK’s first person player stations.
In conjunction with the exhibition, MÄK is holding and participating in several events:
• When Your Eyes Aren’t Good Enough:
Simulating Sensors with VR-Vantage and SensorFX
Tuesday, December 2, 9:00 9:45 am.; Rosen Centre, Salon 1
Presented by Jim Kogler, VT MÄK Director of COTS Products, and Russ Moulton, Founder of JRM Technologies
• Simulating the Upper Echelons with VR-Forces 4.3 Aggregate Level Simulation
Tuesday, December 2, 10:00 10:45 am.; Rosen Centre, Salon 1
Presented by Nathan Kidd, Lead Architect of VT MÄK Simulate Products
• Intelligent Human Behavior with DI-Guy
Tuesday, December 2, 11:00 11:45 am.; Rosen Centre, Salon 1
Presented by Alex Broadbent, Director of DI-Guy at MÄK
• "Connect the Dots" Networking Event
Tuesday, December 2, 4:30 6:30 pm.; Orange County Convention Center,
Everyone at I/ITSEC is invited to attend MÄK’s “Connect the Dots” networking event.
• Innovation Showcase: The Emergence of Web & Mobile Technologies in Modeling, Simulation, and Training
Wednesday, December 3, 11:30 am.; Orange County Convention Center, Booth #2287
Join Dan Brockway, VT MÄK’s Vice President of Marketing and Innovation, as he presents lessons learnt from web & mobile customer use cases and discusses the challenges facing the M&S community.
VT MÄK (mak.com) develops software for live, virtual, and constructive simulation. Leveraging a strong foundation of COTS software products, MÄK works with customers to build and populate compelling 3D simulated environments. Our primary users are in the aerospace, defense, and transportation industries, yet our products and services can help customers anywhere modeling and simulation is needed to train, plan, analyze, experiment, prototype, and demonstrate. MÄK is dedicated to serving our customers by building flexible products, offering superior technical support, and innovating new ways to build, populate and view interoperable 3D simulated worlds. MÄK continues to take advantage of new technologies that further the state of simulation. Our products help users link, simulate and visualize their world. VT MÄK is a company of VT Systems.
VT Systems (vt-systems.com) is an engineering company providing integrated solutions to the commercial and government markets in the aerospace, electronics, land systems and marine sectors. VT Systems’ innovative solutions, products and services include aircraft maintenance, repair and modification; software solutions in training and simulation; satellite-based IP communications technology; network solutions that integrate data, voice and video; rugged computers and computer peripheral equipment; specialized truck bodies and trailers; weapons and munitions systems; road construction equipment; and ship design and shipbuilding. Headquartered in Alexandria, Va., VT Systems operates globally and is a wholly owned subsidiary of ST Engineering.
Contact: Edward Szeto - Manager, Corporate Communications
P: +1703-739-2610 / F: +1 703-739-2611 - E: eszeto[.]vt-systems.com.