Data volumes are growing at unprecedented rates, making it more complex for organizations to effectively use that information to make strategic business decisions and gain a competitive advantage. To drive greater value from their data and take advantage of emerging technology trends such as cloud computing and big data, companies must have the ability to move data across highly diverse IT environments and firewalls with very low latency. With Oracle GoldenGate 12c, customers can implement real-time data integration and transactional data replication between on-premises and cloud environments and across a broader set of heterogeneous platforms, achieving faster time to value and a greater return from their data assets.
Reinforcing its leadership in the data integration and replication space, Oracle announced an enhanced version of Oracle GoldenGate 12c with expanded support for heterogeneous databases and big data solutions, improved manageability, and support for hybrid cloud environments.
Oracle GoldenGate 12c provides best-of-breed, real-time data integration and heterogeneous database replication. New features include:
• Migration utility for Oracle Streams: A new migration utility, Streams2OGG helps Oracle Streams customers move to Oracle GoldenGate and leverage its latest features, such as integrated capture and delivery processes and advanced conflict management.
• Support for IBM Informix: Oracle GoldenGate 12c now supports real-time data capture and delivery for the latest Informix database versions on all major platforms. Support has also been extended to Oracle GoldenGate Veridata so IBM Informix customers can integrate and replicate high volumes of real-time data throughout their heterogeneous business environments.
• Extended support for Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL: The new release adds support for real-time, log-based capture and delivery for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2014 as well as MySQL Community Edition databases.
• SOCKS5 compliance: Oracle GoldenGate 12c now leverages customers’ SOCKS compliance setting for data transfer, enabling customers to replicate between on-premises and cloud environments without an extra VPN connection open.
• Support for big data: Oracle GoldenGate Adapter for Java enables integration with Oracle NoSQL, Apache Hadoop, Apache HDFS, Apache HBase, Apache Storm, Apache Flume, Apache Kafka, and others and allows real-time, noninvasive data streaming into big data targets to give customers new insights into business and improve the customer experience.
• Out-of-sync data repair: In addition to comparing heterogeneous databases and reporting data discrepancies without interrupting business operations, Oracle GoldenGate Veridata 12c now provides data repair and revalidation capabilities for out-of-sync data.
Data capture from Oracle Active Data Guard: Oracle Active Data Guard customers who want to remove any replication impact on their production environment can use Oracle GoldenGate 12c on their standby systems to capture data in real time.
• Simplified application upgrades: The new release simplifies the upgrade process for customers leveraging the Oracle Database Edition-Based Redefinition feature by coordinating the upgrades and bringing the target database to the same edition-based version.
• Improved management and monitoring: Customers using the new release also gain the ability to start and stop processes, edit parameter files, collect information about operations, and diagnose issues easily with Oracle Enterprise Manager Plug-In 12.1.3, part of Oracle Management Pack for Oracle GoldenGate 12c.
Oracle GoldenGate is part of the industry-leading Oracle Data Integration portfolio, which includes real-time and bulk data movement, transformations, data governance, data virtualization, and data quality and enables organizations to easily keep pace with new data-oriented technology trends such as cloud computing, big data analytics, real-time business intelligence, and continuous data availability.
Oracle Data Integration has also gained notable industry recognition, with Gartner, Inc. naming Oracle a Leader in its July 24, 2014 Magic Quadrant for Data Integration Tools and Database Trends and Applications naming Oracle GoldenGate 12c a winner in the “Best Data Replication Solution” category of its 2014 Readers’ Choice Awards.
Oracle Data Integration is part of Oracle Fusion Middleware, the leading business innovation platform for the enterprise and the cloud.
“Real-time data integration is a critical enabling technology for organizations that want to get more and faster value from their data and connect systems deployed in diverse and hybrid cloud environments,” said Jeff Pollock, vice president of product management at Oracle. “By continuously broadening Oracle GoldenGate’s support for non-Oracle databases, deepening integration with Oracle technologies, and streamlining cloud integration capabilities, we’re helping customers to easily and cost-effectively achieve pervasive, continuous access to timely data.”
“Rakuten welcomes the release of the new Oracle GoldenGate. It adds key solutions to the Oracle GoldenGate product family that expand heterogeneous data synchronization support,” said Yuji Takahashi, group manager, EC Database Administration Group, Rakuten Ichiba Development Department at Rakuten, Inc. “We have used Oracle GoldenGate solutions with Oracle Exadata Database Machine, and we strongly expect continued product enhancement and improvement to support our further business requirements.”
“Before embarking on a big data or cloud journey, enterprises need to ensure that they are not creating any more data silos disjointed analytics leads to partial insights,” said Surya Mukherjee, senior analyst, Information Management at Ovum. “Oracle GoldenGate 12c is a step in the right direction; its new features allow real-time data integration across their diverse data platforms, so that enterprises can build strategies for their data and application universe, whether it be in the cloud, on-premises, structured, or semi-structured.
“In recent years, we have been collaborating with Oracle within the framework of CERN openlab (cern.ch/openlab) on the development of Oracle GoldenGate. This work has primarily focused on enabling replication within our challenging, workload-intensive and dynamic environment. In addition to easier deployment and administration, Oracle GoldenGate has proven to be more easily scalable than Oracle Streams. Its heterogeneity and its in-database monitoring and reporting functions are also beneficial. With Oracle GoldenGate 12c, we have seen a performance increase of over 50 percent compared to Oracle Streams 11g Release 2 using our production workload on the same hardware. We are, therefore, confident about its advantages over the technology we were using in the past. Finally, we were able to complete our migration from Oracle Streams deployments to Oracle GoldenGate without any issues using the migration tool provided by Oracle,” said Lorena Lobato, CERN openlab researcher, Database Services Group, CERN IT department.
About the Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Drew Smith - Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5127 - E: drew.smith[.]blancandotus.com.