Oracle and InfoVista have been selected to demonstrate “CE 2.0 Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Orchestrated and Assured” at the Metro Ethernet Forum’s Global Ethernet Networking (MEF GEN14) event’s Proof of Concept Showcase. Taking place November 17 20 in Washington D.C., the showcase is the focal point of the GEN14 event and will highlight leading-edge implementations of dynamic cloud-centric services featuring innovations in software-defined networking (SDN), network functions virtualization (NFV), service orchestration, and automated provisioning.
Oracle today announced that Oracle and InfoVista will demonstrate a joint proof of concept (PoC),“CE 2.0 Network-as-a-Service (NaaS) Orchestrated and Assured,” at the MEF GEN14 Proof of Concept Showcase.
The PoC will demonstrate self-serve ordering of NaaS, dynamically orchestrated and assured, across service provider and wholesale partner networks, with full integration into critical business processes and designed for network technology abstraction.
Oracle and InfoVista will present industry-leading capabilities for service providers and enterprises alike in the PoC, including:
• Self-serve ordering of a complex Carrier Ethernet product as if it were a simple IT service unassisted customer ordering experience from any device, anywhere, with full integration into the service provider’s critical business processes;
• NaaS orchestration, including automated ordering of wholesale e-access dynamic order decomposition and orchestration, leveraging end-to-end service design and automated service delivery within a multiprovider, multinetwork, and multivendor environment;
• NaaS assurance real-time performance assurance of delivered NaaS capabilities, with dynamically synchronized service visualization, on-demand SLA monitoring, and self-service dashboards;
• NaaS agility layered IT architecture and design environment that decouples commercially offered products from the underlying technical services and network technologies to abstract and localize the impact of changes for faster and more flexible operations;
• Virtual network control layer leveraging SDN principles abstracting complex multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) and Metro Ethernet service implementations from the NaaS orchestration layer leveraging service-to-resource abstractions.
The “Oracle, InfoVista Network-as-a-Service Orchestrated and Assured” demonstration will be located at the MEF Gen14 Proof of Concept Showcase in the main exhibition hall at the Gaylord National Resort and Conference Center in National Harbor, Maryland.
“We are delighted that industry leaders such as Oracle and InfoVista are bringing their innovative approach to the Proof of Concept Showcase,” said Nan Chen, president of the MEF. “The showcase will display how Carrier Ethernet, SDN, NFV, and service orchestration technology can be used to create new business models for all stakeholders. MEF GEN14 attendees will be able to witness, firsthand, what is possible in this new world of service delivery at this exciting new event.”
“As enterprises continue to embrace cloud-based services and applications, service providers need to offer a more dynamic network control experience to their key customers,” said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications. “Oracle and InfoVista’s demonstration of dynamic NaaS orchestration and assurance over a complex network, and integrated with business processes, provides an MEF standards-aligned design blueprint for how service providers can turn this opportunity into reality.”
The MEF is the defining body behind the global market for Ethernet services. It will be showcasing its Third Network vision at the industrywide Global Ethernet Networking 2014 (GEN14) event taking place November 17 20, 2014, in Washington DC. With an anticipated audience exceeding 1,200 attendees, GEN14 (gen14.com) is the must-attend networking event of the year for professionals involved in the CE services and technology industry. GEN14 will bring together 115+ CE, SDN, NFV, and cloud expert speakers from across the globe. Participants will consists of retail, wholesale, and mobile service providers; data center providers; cloud service providers; midsize to large businesses; government organizations; utilities; network technology vendors; press; analysts; and investors.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Janice Clayton - O’Keeffe & Company
P: +1 443-759-8151 - E: jclayton[.]okco.com.