ATTO Technology, Inc., a global leader of storage, network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments, announced today it is showing its family of high-performance products at the 2014 Supercomputing (SC14) International Conference on high performance computing, networking, storage and analysis November 17-20 in New Orleans.
Located in booth 3357 in the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center, ATTO will highlight how by integrating the new FibreBridge™ 7500 Storage Controller into their infrastructure, users can create a high performance storage solution with an unprecedented level of performance. The live in-booth demonstration will feature ATTO's new groundbreaking 7500 connected to a server via ATTO's 16Gb Celerity™ Fibre Channel host bus adapters. Additionally, to highlight the 7500's extremely high IO capability, the demo will use an industry standard JBOD configured with HGST's enterprise-class Ultrastar® 12Gb/s SAS solid-state drives (SSDs).
"HGST has collaborated with ATTO for many years as we have a shared vision of addressing the storage and data infrastructure needs of today's complex enterprise environments," said Ulrich Hansen, vice president of SSD Product Marketing at HGST. "We look forward to our continued relationship with ATTO especially as they introduce even more unique technologies like the 7500, which helps our customers prepare their next-generation high-performance data center infrastructures."
The addition of the 7500 into the FibreBridge storage controller line enables users to manage storage infrastructures with features not found in direct connect technologies. With up to 1.47 million IOPs with dual controllers, the 7500 serves as the key building block in a modular solution that forms an ideal platform for building out tiered high-speed SSD and high-capacity HDD solutions that aggregate up to 2.4 PB of storage while using HGSTs' upcoming 10 TB drives. With less than four microseconds of latency for transfers between storage and server platforms, the 7500 allows for data mobility and redundancy via multisite cluster installations up to hundreds of kilometers apart.
ATTO's 7500 leverages the highly reliable and proven technology introduced by the FibreBridge 6500 that leading storage companies have installed in thousands of data centers worldwide. Both products feature ATTO's Drive Map Director™ technology, which reduces support expenses by eliminating manual mapping of LUNs and the need to remap LUNs if a drive shelf is removed for maintenance or failure. The 6500, which also adds integration of SAS tape storage into a Fibre Channel SAN, is designed around ATTO's intelligent Controller Architecture. This combines powerful hardware with an efficient data engine to create a platform that delivers performance with a rapid IO ramp and extremely low latency. Also included is ATTO's Virtual Device Response (VDR) technology, which enables devices to queue and execute commands on behalf of busy or unresponsive tape storage, and reduces the number of failed or incomplete backups.
Other products to be showcased:
• FastFrame™ Network Interface Cards (NICs): The ATTO family of FastFrame 10GbE and 40GbE NICs deliver high performance I/O connectivity and lossless Ethernet support where guaranteed data delivery rates are required. As a pioneer in iSCSI, ATTO's FastFrame product line has been designed for more rigorous data transfer and reliability, with driver support for Linux®, Mac®, Windows® and virtualized file systems. Available in single, dual and quad-port configurations, the 10GbE NICs can be used anywhere in a high performance infrastructure, including workstations, storage, servers and data center racked servers. Leveraging ATTO's exclusive ADS Technology, FastFrame products provide high bandwidth and managed latency for high-performance, enterprise-level iSCSI storage as well as standard 10GbE network infrastructures. (40GbE NICs to be available in 2015)
• FastFrame Converged Network Adapters (CNAs) provide the performance and reliability of Fibre Channel with the economy of utilizing standard Ethernet cabling. ATTO's FastFrame CNAs are available in single, dual and quad port configurations, with Linux, Mac and Windows driver support ensuring interoperability for any application.
• ExpressSAS Host Bus Adapters leverage the performance and scalability enhancements of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) technology to deliver the fastest available connection to SAS/SATA storage. The newest addition to the family, the 12Gb/s SAS/SATA HBA, provides users with the fastest storage connectivity. 12Gb/s ExpressSAS HBAs offer eight or 16 port configurations, allowing up to 1,200 MB/s per port to enhance the performance of applications and enabling scalability for next generation platforms and infrastructures, all while using up to 70 percent less power than competitive HBAs. ExpressSAS HBAs expand system performance, extend processing capabilities and reduce overall infrastructure operating costs.
• Celerity Fibre Channel HBAs are designed to cover the full performance spectrum from enterprise to workgroup, and server to workstation environments. The highly integrated family of adapters is engineered to optimized data transfer using a combination of exclusive features. ATTO's Multipath Director™ allows users to manage direct connections and multiple paths to enterprise storage systems, increasing the reliability of high performance Linux®, Mac OS®X and Windows applications, all while improving performance and protecting data through load-balancing and fail-over. ATTO's Celerity Gen 5 powered 16Gb Fibre Channel quad channel HBAs, the first of their kind in the market address the needs of Linux and Windows platforms in high performance computing, virtualization and other high-IOP and high-bandwidth environments.
• Thunderbolt™ Desklink Devices: ATTO ThunderLink™ and Thunderstream™ Desklink Devices enable today's small form factor platforms to connect to high performance storage and networks, including SAS/SATA, Fibre Channel or Ethernet infrastructures. ThunderLink Desklink Devices provide Thunderbolt to Fibre Channel, SAS or 10GbE connectivity, giving all-in-one systems and mobile computing platforms access to 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel SANs, storage devices, Ethernet networks and iSCSI storage at unprecedented speeds. ATTO ThunderStream™ Desklink Devices add RAID technology, creating a robust and embeddable RAID controller for professional and prosumer storage applications by protecting critical data in the event of a drive failure. With transfer speeds of 20Gb/s, ATTO's Thunderbolt 2 ThunderLink Desklink Devices are ideal for the professional who needs access to external storage and networks for I/O demanding applications. ATTO's exclusive Advanced Data Streaming (ADS™) provides the fastest, most consistent time-to-data, delivering best-in-industry aggregate bandwidth and predictable data transfers for high performance applications for mobile platform users.
"As an industry leader, ATTO has provided unique products over the past 26 years, that meet the most demanding needs found in today's scientific, medical, engineering and other high performance environments which are represented at SC14" said Wayne Arvidson, vice president of marketing and channels at ATTO Technology, Inc. "SC14 is the key venue for ATTO to highlight our technology differentiators to the HPC community and share the innovations that have enhanced faster time to data, analytics, scientific research and critical business decisions worldwide."
Purchase ATTO's entire portfolio of connectivity solutions through leading Resellers, System Integrators, the Apple Store and the ATTO Web Store.
About ATTO Technology, Inc.
In our 25th year, ATTO Technology, Inc. (attotech.com) is a global leader of storage and network connectivity and infrastructure solutions for data-intensive computing environments. ATTO provides a wide range of end-to-end solutions to help customers better store, manage and deliver their data. With a focus toward markets that require higher performance, ATTO manufactures host adapters, RAID adapters, network adapters, RAID storage controllers, Thunderbolt™-enabled Desklink™ devices, bridges, switches and software. ATTO solutions are based on providing a high level of connectivity to all storage interfaces including Fibre Channel, SAS, SATA, iSCSI, 10GbE, FCoE and Thunderbolt. ATTO distributes its products worldwide through Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), systems integrators, VARs and authorized resellers.
All trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.