ZOLL® Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, today announced that its advanced resuscitation technology for improving CPR quality to increase survival from sudden cardiac arrest will be on display in Hall 11 E55 during Medica 2014, 12-15 November in Dusseldorf, Germany.
Improving CPR quality has been an ongoing commitment of ZOLL since 2002, when it was the first to introduce real-time CPR feedback in a defibrillator, its AED Plus®. Today, virtually all ZOLL defibrillators, from AEDs to professional manual defibrillators, feature Real CPR Help®, the only CPR feedback technology that, in combination with training, has been shown to impact survival to discharge, as demonstrated in published research.1
ZOLL’s commitment to high-quality CPR is also evident in the company’s suite of tools for optimal resuscitation response, which includes See-Thru CPR® as well as EtCO2 monitoring. See-Thru CPR, ZOLL’s proprietary technology, which minimizes the duration of pauses in CPR, enables rescuers to see an organized, underlying rhythm. It is available on the R Series®, the X Series®, and the AED Pro®.
Medica attendees will have a chance to test their CPR skills with the benefit of Real CPR Help. Using ZOLL’s RescueNet® Code Review software, which provides complete CPR feedback, participants will see a detailed analysis of their CPR performance.
Also integral to ZOLL’s CPR portfolio is the AutoPulse® Non-Invasive Cardiac Support Pump. The AutoPulse is the only mechanical CPR system that has shown improved outcomes in comparative clinical trials. In a meta-analysis of 12 comparative clinical trials, the AutoPulse improved the odds of return of spontaneous circulation (ROSC) by 62% compared to manual CPR.2 The CIRC trial, the largest prospective, randomized trial of mechanical chest compression ever completed, confirmed that the AutoPulse is equivalent to high-quality manual CPR, as measured by survival to hospital discharge.3
Additional highlights among ZOLL’s clinical portfolio include:
• The R Series Code-Ready® Monitor/Defibrillators are designed to extend “Simple, Smart, and Ready” defibrillation to every hospital department through advanced, cost-effective solutions for resuscitation.
• The X Series Monitor/Defibrillator is ideal for transporting critically ill patients. It is lightweight with extensive monitoring capabilities.
• OneStep™ Pediatric CPR Electrodes are the only electrodes on the market with a built-in CPR sensor that reports CPR quality on young children up to 8 years of age. This first-of-its-kind electrode provides optimal support for pediatric resuscitation when paired with the ZOLL R Series Monitor/Defibrillator and its CPR Dashboard™.
• The LifeVest® Wearable Defibrillator is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established. The LifeVest continuously monitors the patient’s heart and, if a life-threatening heart rhythm is detected, the device delivers a treatment shock to restore normal heart rhythm. The LifeVest is lightweight and easy to wear, and allows a patient’s physician time to assess his or her long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans.
• The Impact Instrumentation, Inc. line of respiratory care products, which is now part of ZOLL, is on display in Hall 16 D40.
• ZOLL’s Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™) System offers health care providers the precision and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients. The Thermogard XP® delivers accurate, easy-to-use, and cost-effective control for both cooling and warming applications. This temperature management system provides a variety of catheter options depending upon the specific patient needs.
• The LIFEBRIDGE® Cardiopulmonary Bypass System serves as a powerful method to protect critical organs during acute episodes of cardiac or respiratory failure. The unique advantage of this portable emergency system is that hemodynamic support can be provided immediately to the patient whenever the crisis occurs. Usage can be initiated in the emergency room, in the ICU, or in the cardiac catheterization lab by any trained health professional within minutes.
• The RescueNet® STEMI Management Solution is a Web browser-based system that can help speed the time-to-reperfusion process by expediting treatment decisions. It starts when EMS uploads the 12-lead ECG to a secure server. Then, anyone, anywhere with an Internet connection can either access these critical data or have them automatically sent to pre-defined email addresses. The RescueNet STEMI Management Solution ensures secure, reliable delivery to everyone involved in the continuum of care.
• RescueNet Ambulance Pad is another key component of the fully integrated RescueNet suite. From the time a call is dispatched until the patient reaches the hospital, it serves as a central hub for patient information during transport. Ambulance Pad provides accurate, complete, and timely electronic pre-hospital patient care reporting.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group (asahi-kasei.co.jp) is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the chemicals and fibers, homes and construction materials, electronics, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for acute critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, and nutritional products. With more than 29,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.
Copyright © 2014 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AED Plus, AED Pro, AutoPulse, Code Ready, CPR Dashboard, IVTM, LIFEBRIDGE, LifeVest, OneStep, Real CPR Help, R Series, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, X Series, Thermogard XP, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. All product names are the property of their respective owners.
1Bobrow BJ, et al. The Influence of Scenario-based Training and Real-time Audiovisual Feedback on Pre-hospital Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Quality and Survival from Out-of-hospital Cardiac Arrest. Ann Emerg Med. 2013 Jul;62(1):47 56.e1. Epub 2013 Mar 7.
2Wesfall M, et al. Mechanical Vs. Manual Chest Compressions in Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest: A Meta-Analysis. Crit Care Med. 2013 Jul;41(7):1782‐1789.
3Wik L, et al. Manual vs. Integrated Automatic Load-distributing Band CPR with Equal Survival after Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest. The Randomized CIRC Trial. Resuscitation 85 (2014) 741 748.