• Independent Power Train (IPT) Feature Provides Two Independent Outputs in a Single Module, Enabling Flexibility and Reduced Design Time;
• Enhanced Digital Features Reduce Board Space Requirement and the Need for External Components.
These DC-DC board-mounted units extend GE’s DualDLynx* product family and offer up to 25 percent reduction in board space usage compared to previous and competing solutions.
The new dual 6-amp POL modules provide ultra-tight voltage regulation (+/- 1 percent), digital trim for power reduction, digital sequencing, over-temperature protection, output over-current protection (non-latching) and over-voltage protection. They also employ a PMBus*• interface for digital configuration, communication and control. These features provide exceptional power density in a single, flexible module. In addition, the module provides exceptional current derating over temperature, which enables the device to achieve full load (up to 90 degrees Celsius) without the need for external airflow for most application voltages. For more product details, visit geindustrial.com/products/embedded-power/dual-dlynx.
The new UDXS0606 (digital) and UVXS0606 (analog) power modules utilize GE’s new Independent Power Train (IPT) feature. Each module has two independent outputs (dual on/off, trim, Tunable Loop*, and PowerGood), common input voltages and ground-terminal connections. Each output can be loaded to the maximum current capability. A single PMBus address can be used for two rails. The DualDLynx occupies up to 25 percent less board area over separate modules.
“GE’s latest embedded power innovation provides a significant size advantage making it an ideal offering for a wide range of vertical markets,” said Karim Wassef, general manager embedded power products, GE’s Critical Power business. “In addition, the DualDLynx reduces total cost of ownership and can offer a time-to-market advantage over discrete solutions. These DualDLynx modules provide a cost reduction compared to two single-output modules and require less external input filtering.”
The DualDLynx’s industry-standard PMBus interface and space-saving Tunable Loop technology deliver exceptional current density for a broad range of applications including data communications, telecommunications, storage, industrial, medical and military infrastructure equipment. Additional features and benefits of GE’s UDXS0606 and UVXS606 POL modules include:
• New synchronization features and remote sensing make designing for strict noise and set point requirements easier and more accurate.
• PMBus digital interface, which supports a wide range of commands including on/off, trim, digital sequencing, margin, power good, rise time adjustment and input under-voltage lockout. The digital interface also offers output voltage, current and temperature measurement capabilities.
• Interleaved 180 degrees out-of-phase inputs reduce input ripple when both outputs are operating.
• Single, micro-size module (20.3 millimeters by 11.4 millimeters) with IPT achieves a higher density versus two individual modules, saving valuable board space and reducing cost.
• Supports dual 6-amp outputs at 1.2 volts and up to 90 degrees Celsius without airflow.
• Broad input range (4.5 volts to 14.4 volts) and precisely regulated output voltage (from 0.51 volts to 5.5 volts DC).
• Tunable Loop technology enables the user to optimize dynamic response to match the load with reduced output capacitance.
• Analog and digital options available.
GE will be showcasing the new DualDLynx along with its recently announced GigaDlynx* POL module, its SlimLynx units and other products in Hall A4, booth #260 at Electronica 2014 in Munich, Germany, Nov. 11-14. In addition, Wassef will be speaking on the topic,“Power Density: Designing in the Negative Space,” on Nov. 12 at 12:30 pm.
GE’s Critical Power business (gecriticalpower.com) powers rapidly changing, disruptive markets where massive data, communications and computing capacity is redefining how business is done. Customers in data center, super computing, telecommunications and content industries rely on GE to provide the reliable and energy-efficient power to keep networks flowing and transactions moving 24/7.
GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.
* Indicates a trademark of the General Electric Company and/or its subsidiaries.
** All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.
Matt Falso - Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518-786-6488 - E: matt.falso[.]mastopr.com.
Howard Masto - Masto Public Relations
P: +1 518-786-6488 - E: howard.masto[.]ge.com.