PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Lenexa, KS, United States, 2014/10/22 - Medical content management (MCM) unlocks and delivers supporting patient content to the point of care alongside the electronic medical record for more informed clinical decision-making - PerceptiveSoftware.com. NYSE: LXK
• Lexmark’s Perceptive Software will introduce to radiology professionals at RSNA 2014 a new solution Medical Content Management (MCM) to capture, access, manage and share medical images and supporting documents found throughout the clinical enterprise. Medical content management represents the convergence of vendor neutral archiving (VNA) and enterprise content management (ECM), combined with enterprise image connectivity (EIC) tools to capture images and video.
• The Challenge: Although healthcare delivery organizations have invested heavily in electronic medical record (EMR) systems to manage patient data, a massive amount of content exists outside the EMR. Getting this information documents, images and video into the hands of physicians at the point of care is challenging because it often resides in disparate data silos and disconnected departmental systems that are scattered throughout the health system.
• The Solution: Medical Content Management from Perceptive Software enables healthcare organizations to connect, access, manage and share patient content from disparate applications to solve interoperability challenges and make patient content available within the EMR. Bringing more clinical content together at the point of care lets healthcare providers save time and make more informed patient care decisions.
• Visit booth #8107 at RSNA 2014 where Perceptive Software (including recently acquired companies Acuo Technologies and PACSGEAR) will demonstrate a broad range of solutions for healthcare delivery organizations, including VNA; ECM; enterprise image connectivity and sharing; intelligent capture; rich media management; enterprise search; advanced clinical output management; and healthcare business process management.
• Perceptive Acuo VNA is recognized by IHS as the world’s number one independent vendor neutral archive solution. Perceptive Software is positioned as a “leader” in Gartner’s most recent Magic Quadrants for both enterprise content management and enterprise search. Perceptive’s enterprise image connectivity solutions are used by half of all U.S. hospitals.
• One hundred percent of U.S.-based HIMSS Stage 7 healthcare systems use Perceptive Software products and solutions.
“Perceptive Software is the only company to offer a comprehensive, open, scalable and truly neutral solution for capturing, accessing, managing and sharing supporting documents and images found throughout the clinical enterprise,” said Jeff Timbrook, vice president healthcare, Perceptive Software. “Our ability to deliver all relevant patient information within the EMR lets our customers maximize their healthcare IT investments while improving their responsiveness to patients and clinical decision makers.”
“The American Society of Radiologic Technologists estimates that U.S.-based imaging facilities conduct approximately 600 million diagnostic procedures each year,” said Rob Lipowski, director of healthcare solutions, Perceptive Software. “As the demand for patient procedures continues to rise due to an aging population that requires more cardiovascular, oncological and neurological imaging studies, health systems are moving away from departmental solutions toward an enterprise approach. Consolidating medical content can improve physician productivity, as well as bring greater operational freedom as health systems implement growth, expansion and cost reduction strategies.”
About Perceptive Software
Perceptive Software (perceptivesoftware.com), a Lexmark company, builds a complete family of intelligent capture, content and process management, enterprise search and integration products that connect enterprise applications to the processes and information outside those applications, providing the visibility and control needed to improve financial performance, reduce risk and ensure future flexibility.