PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
St Albans, Herts, United Kingdom, 2014/10/22 - Claudio Erba, the CEO of Docebo, makers of the Cloud-based, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), e-learning platform, will be among the speakers at the HR Directors’ Forum, being held at the Park Inn, in Zurich, Switzerland, on November 3.
At the HR Directors' Forum, having outlined the results of Docebo’s research into the trends in the E-learning market and forecast market developments over the next two years, Claudio will join a panel to discuss ‘The new era of connected learning and connected learners’.
Organized by Orchid Associates in collaboration with the Józefa Fawcett International (JFI) Store, the HR Directors’ Forum allows HR professionals, drawn from around Europe as well as further afield, to discuss a diverse range of relevant topics with their peers.
Józefa Fawcett - a senior lecturer at the University of Westminster Business School (London) and a visiting lecturer at the Moscow State University of Economics, Statistics and Informatics, as well as a specialist learning adviser to European Commission lifelong learning projects commented: “Since 2011, Orchid Associates has run a series of HR and Executive Education events across 11 countries, spanning Europe, Asia, the Middle East, South Africa and Russia. These events showcase how to address key business challenges while, simultaneously, presenting ways to bring executive education into a new era.”
Claudio Erba, whose company is among the exhibitors at the HR Directors’ Forum in Zurich, commented: “Our extensive, on-going market research shows that general budget constraints still appear to be the main driver towards using e-learning. However, e-learning is also an efficient and cost-effective solution when workers - especially those in organizations with a widely geographically distributed workforce - need to be brought up-to-speed quickly on relevant knowledge and skills.”
Highlights from the research, which Claudio will reveal in Zurich, include:
1. The worldwide market for self-paced e-learning, said to be worth $35.6bn in 2011, is estimated to be growing, overall, at some 7.6% a year.
2. The Asian market is showing the highest annual growth rate, at 17.3%; followed by Eastern Europe, Africa, and Latin America at 16.9%, 15.2%, and 14.6%, respectively.
3. The market for learning management systems (LMS) has exceeded growth predictions in recent years, currently being worth some $2.55bn worldwide.
4. Since 2010, employers’ spending on training and the amount spent per employee have been declining, yet the corporate market related to outsourced learning-related services - net of ancillary costs - has grown to reach 42% of total expenditure.
5. With the inflow of an estimated $6bn of venture capital over the past five years, e-learning is being driven not only by start-up dot-com entrepreneurs but also by big corporations, for-profit spin-off ventures, as well as big and small universities.
About Orchid Associates
Orchid Associates is a business events company, operating from offices in Asia, Europe and America, with a portfolio of World HRD events.
About JFI Store
JFI Store is an online training, learning and quality emporium, created by Józefa Fawcett International (JFI) - a UK-based consultancy with an international reach.
Docebo (docebo.com) is a worldwide, and is sold in more than 65 countries around the world. The Docebo LMS disruptive Cloud E-Learning solutions provider that is revolutionizing the online training market with its Software as a Service Learning Management System. Established in 2005, Docebo has over 28,000 installations offers an enterprise solution for mid-sized to large organizations. Customers benefit from Docebo solutions thanks to a scalable pricing model, a third party integration (via API), and reliable service available 24/7 to further enhance the user experience.