SolarWinds, a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT performance management software, today announced multiple products are now certified under the Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation (ISO/IEC 15408), an internationally recognized standard for computer security achieved through independent laboratory testing and evaluation.
“At SolarWinds, we make every effort to ensure our software is powerful, effective and safe,” said Chris LaPoint, VP Product Management, SolarWinds. “This Common Criteria certification attests that SolarWinds solutions adhere to the necessarily high performance standards for government deployment and are validated to help IT Pros accomplish their missions.”
Common Criteria for Information Technology Security Evaluation
Common Criteria provides a broad range of evaluation criteria for commercial and nationally sensitive government-use IT security products. Federal IT users needing to run applications in National Security Systems (NSS) environments can look to Common Criteria-certified software for numerous compliant software solutions.
The SolarWinds Orion Suite, comprising the below solutions, is now certified under Common Criteria lab EAL 2 evaluation, empowering government IT pros to implement and use the software safely on Federal networks:
• Network Performance Monitor 10.6 Management and monitoring of dynamic network performance
• Server & Application Monitor 6.0 Server, application and OS monitoring
• Network Configuration Manager 7.2 Network configuration and compliance management
• Network Traffic Analyzer 3.11 Flow-based network traffic analysis
• IP Address Manager 4.0 IP address and DHCP/DNS management and monitoring
• User Device Tracker 3.0.1 Device and switch port monitoring and mapping
• VoIP & Network Quality Manager 4.1 VoIP and WAN performance monitoring
• Web Performance Monitor 2.0.1 Website and web application monitoring
• Enterprise Operations Console 1.4.1 Unified management for distributed enterprise networks
• Failover Engine 6.7.0 SolarWinds platform server monitoring
SolarWinds Log & Event Manager 5.7, which provides log collection, analysis and real-time correlation, is also Common Criteria certified under EAL 2+ lab testing.
Electronic Warfare Associates (EWA)-Canada, a Common Criteria Testing Laboratory (CCTL) accredited by the Standards Council of Canada and approved by Canada’s Communications Security Establishment (CSE), has evaluated the SolarWinds software to determine it meets all of the requirements of this security certification. EWA-Canada is recognized for its extensive experience with Common Criteria evaluations, enabling companies to manage the process and ensure their products meet important certification requirements.
“EWA-Canada is pleased to verify SolarWinds’ solutions as Common Criteria-certified,” stated Erin Connor, Director of the EWA-Canada CCTL. “During the rigorous evaluation process, SolarWinds solutions demonstrated their sophistication and high standards of quality and security. This independent certification reflects SolarWinds' commitment to providing high-quality solutions to support the mission-critical demands of IT professionals in the Federal Government and elsewhere and proves that the products meet global security standards for deployment in government.”
SolarWinds Solutions for Government
• SolarWinds software is available on the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) Schedule, Department of Defense ESI, and other contract vehicles.
• U.S. Government certifications and approvals include Army CoN, Air Force APL, Navy DADMS; and Technical Requirements include FIPS compatibility, DISA STIGs, and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) compliance.
• SolarWinds also has hundreds of built-in automated compliance reports, which meet requirements of all major auditing authorities, including DISA STIG, FISMA, NIST, and more. SolarWinds’ thwack® online user communityprovides a number of out-of-the-box compliance report templates available to download for free that are designed to help users prepare for an inspection. thwack also provides information on Smart Card and Common Access Card (CAC) product support.
For more product and GSA pricing information and for a fully functional free trial of all above products, visit the SolarWinds Government Solutions page.
SolarWinds (solarwinds.com) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. In all of our market areas, our approach is consistent. We focus exclusively on IT Pros and strive to eliminate the complexity that they have been forced to accept from traditional enterprise software vendors. SolarWinds delivers on this commitment with unexpected simplicity through products that are easy to find, buy, use and maintain while providing the power to address any IT management problem on any scale. Our solutions are rooted in our deep connection to our user base, which interacts in our thwack online community to solve problems, share technology and best practices, and directly participate in our product development process.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds & Design, Mobile Admin, Kiwi CatTools, Kiwi Syslog, DameWare, Web Help Desk and thwack are the exclusive property of SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC or its affiliates. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be or are intellectual property of their respective companies.
© 2014 SolarWinds Worldwide, LLC. All rights reserved.
Media Contact: Katie Hanusik - Speakerbox PR
P: 703-287-7824 - E: khanusik[.]speakerboxpr.com.