PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Campbell, CA, United States, 2014/10/14 - Barracuda Delivers New Features and Flexibility for Cloud-Connected and Private Environments with Barracuda Backup version 6.0 and the New Barracuda Backup 995 - BarracudaNetworks.com. NYSE: CUDA
Barracuda Ranked Number One for 10th Consecutive Quarter in Integrated Purpose-Built Backup Appliances Shipped.
• Barracuda Backup version 6.0 introduces a new local operation and management function.
• The new Barracuda Backup 995 offers customers a high-capacity appliance with 72 TB usable storage capacity and a 32 TB suggested backup volume.
• Barracuda ranked number one for 10th consecutive quarter in integrated purpose-built backup appliances shipped in the IDC Worldwide Purpose-Built Backup Appliance (PBBA) Tracker, Q2, September 2014.
• Barracuda Backup is part of the company’s Data Protection Plus strategic initiative and offers integrated local and offsite data backup and disaster recovery plus “Unlimited” cloud storage and fast restores. Data Protection Plus Overview: cuda.co/dppreview
Now generally available, Barracuda Backup version 6.0 includes Local Control, a new management option for organizations that manage data across their own facilities to address unique regulatory and business requirements. Additionally, Barracuda has expanded the existing Barracuda Backup model line to include Backup 995. The new solution provides further purchasing flexibility by better aligning Barracuda Backup with the data protection and recovery demands of small and medium-sized organizations.
“Barracuda’s storage business continues to grow, as evidenced by IDC’s most recently published PBBA Quarterly Tracker that placed Barracuda once again at number one in Integrated PBBA units shipped with an estimated 41% market share,” said Rod Mathews, GM Storage, Barracuda. “Barracuda Backup version 6.0 is representative of the continued progress we’ve made in our storage business.”
Barracuda Backup version 6.0 highlights include:
• Local Control: New management option for both administration and replication in isolated backup infrastructure environments.
• LiveBrowse for Microsoft Hyper-V: File-level recovery for Hyper-V VHD/VHDX images, allowing granular file and folder restores without having to mount the entire virtual disk.
• Backup and Recovery: Backup Agent support for Microsoft SQL 2014.
• Offsite Replication: Configuration backups for site-to-site replication and health notifications for site-to-site replication per-destination rate limits for replication to more than one offsite location.
“Barracuda Backup’s Local Control coupled with site-to-site replication provides a secure method for companies to privately manage their backup infrastructures,” said Todd Miller, Director of IT, Millar, Inc. “This approach provides a great alternative for customers who are not quite ready to adopt the cloud.”
Barracuda Backup 995 (cuda.co/bkup) includes 72 TB of usable storage, fitting well between the 36 TB Barracuda Backup 990 and the 112 TB Barracuda Backup 1090.
Pricing and Availability
Barracuda Backup version 6.0 is available immediately at no additional charge to existing customers on current platforms with an active Energize Updates subscription. Barracuda Backup list price starts at $999 USD for the appliance and list price of $199 USD for Energize Updates. An optional Instant Replacement service featuring priority replacement of failed hardware and complimentary hardware refresh every four years is available starting at list price of $219 USD per year. International pricing and availability vary by region.
About Barracuda Networks, Inc.
Barracuda (barracuda.com) provides cloud-connected security and storage solutions that simplify IT. These powerful, easy-to-use and affordable solutions are trusted by more than 150,000 organizations worldwide and are delivered in appliance, virtual appliance, cloud and hybrid deployments. Barracuda’s customer-centric business model focuses on delivering high-value, subscription-based IT solutions that provide end-to-end network and data security.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, including statements regarding the availability and functionality and performance of Barracuda Backup solutions. You should not place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements because they involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that are, in some cases, beyond the Company’s control and that could cause the Company’s results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Factors that could materially affect the Company’s business and financial results are set forth in the Company’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company expressly disclaims any intent or obligation to update the forward-looking information to reflect events that occur or circumstances that exist after the date of this press release.