In order to support real-time business decisions and collaboration, today’s increasingly mobile workforce requires instant access to targeted enterprise data and functions wherever and whenever they want. To help meet this growing demand, Oracle has released 14 Oracle E-Business Suite mobile applications, including horizontal apps targeted for all employees as well as role-based line of business applications. Available as part of existing product licenses, these purpose-built applications provide companies with vital mobile accessibility for their workforce.
Oracle today announced the release of 14 mobile applications for Oracle E-Business Suite.
These new applications provide simple, actionable, on-the-go access to horizontal functions such as approvals, expenses, timecards, and employee requisitions, as well as role-based line of business functions for sales orders, procurement, product information, inventory, project management, manufacturing, maintenance, and field service.
Available at no additional cost for licensed users of the base applications, these applications are compatible with both Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 and Oracle E-Business Suite 12.2, enabling organizations to deploy these mobile applications without having to upgrade.
Supporting a diverse mobile global workforce, the applications are available for iOS on Apple’s App Store and planned for Android.
Oracle E-Business Suite mobile applications are built using Oracle Mobile Application Framework. This framework accelerates and simplifies mobile development with the ability to build once and deploy to multiple platforms, providing tight integration with camera and other device services, device-native user experience, and enables end-to-end encryption and security.
Oracle E-Business Suite Mobile Applications
These horizontal mobile applications support greater productivity and employee satisfaction by enabling employees across the workforce to perform simple functions while on the go:
• Mobile Approvals: Managers can instantly respond to pending approval requests and search past approvals for expenses, requisitions, purchase orders, and more.
• Mobile Expenses: Employees can quickly and easily capture expenses as they are incurred, charge to projects and cost centers, download corporate credit card.
• Mobile Timecards: Employees and contractors can quickly capture time worked with minimal data entry, enter time for payroll and projects, and submit and view timecards.
• Mobile iProcurement: Employees can view and follow up on requisition status, including approvals and delivery, to help ensure timely delivery of their requests.
These role-based line of business applications drive faster business execution and decision making through improved visibility and access to enterprise data and functions:
• Mobile Sales Orders: Sales staff can get up-to-the-minute information on customer sales orders, including order and line status, pricing, adjustments, holds, back orders, and shipping.
• Mobile Inventory: Inventory managers can quickly search or scan to view on-hand and in-transit inventory across facilities and review existing material reservations as well as pending material movements.
• Mobile Product Information: Product and supply chain managers can simply search or scan product information for product specifications, images, product attributes, metrics, on-hand quantities, and suppliers.
• Mobile Procurement: Buyers and purchasing users can monitor purchasing approval and shipping exceptions, and quickly search purchase order information to respond to inquiries.
• Mobile Project Manager: Project managers and staff can immediately contact team members and customers, monitor overall project status including budget, open payables and receivables, issues, and change orders, as well as monitor alerts for budget overruns and past due transactions.
• Mobile Discrete Production Supervisor: Discrete manufacturing supervisors can easily monitor shop floor work orders and associated resources, materials, and exception details, as well as take quick action to hold, expedite cancel, and release work orders.
• Mobile Process Production Supervisor: Process manufacturing supervisors can clearly monitor plant summary and batch information along with associated steps, materials, and exceptions. They can instantly take action to release, complete, reschedule, and terminate batches.
• Mobile Project Manufacturing: Project managers and shop floor personnel can quickly search and manage project materials, as well as manage financial actions that help ensure project material requirements are met.
• Mobile Maintenance: Maintenance technicians can monitor, execute, and complete work assigned to them, as well as look up asset history, record asset meter readings, and create work requests and work orders.
• Mobile Field Service: Field service technicians can remotely access customer, product, service requests, and task-related information. Technicians can update tasks; capture materials, time, and expense details; access inventory levels; return, transfer, and request parts regardless of internet connectivity; and synchronize when they are online.
User-Centered Design Process Simplifies Mobile Apps
Oracle E-Business Suite mobile applications are extremely easy to use, resulting from a user-centered design process and user experience (UX) design principles based on simplicity, action ability, consistency, and device integration.
• Simplicity: The application designs are streamlined by choosing the right mobile tasks and including only what users need to complete their jobs while on the go.
• Action Ability: Icons, messages, and badges alert users to transactions that need their attention, driving quick and accurate action based on easy-to-read summaries.
• Consistency: The applications were created using a common set of Oracle’s scientifically tested UX design patterns combined with strong design processes, reusable common components, and mobile development guidelines.
• Device Integration: The applications leverage mobile platform capabilities, including gesture support and data integration with native applications such as map, contacts, e-mail, and camera.
“Today’s world is increasingly mobile, and organizations want to provide mobile capabilities to their diverse workforce,” said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Applications Development Oracle. “Oracle E-Business Suite’s smartphone applications enable organizations to give their users anytime, anywhere access to enterprise data and functions that they need in order to do their jobs. These simple, actionable applications help organizations be more nimble by accelerating business execution, enhancing user productivity, and improving collaboration and decision making.”
“Leveraging Oracle Mobile Application Framework’s rapid development capabilities has enabled the Oracle E-Business Suite team to quickly develop smartphone applications for a wide range of functions that deliver significant value to Oracle E-Business Suite customers,” said Bill Pataky, vice president Product Management Mobile Platform, Tools and Frameworks, Oracle.
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 400 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is being held September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones - Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.