From the information deluge to the rise of mobile and social communications, the pace of change within organizations is moving at a faster rate than ever before. Providing companies the intelligence they need to harness digital disruption and create opportunity within their own organizations, Oracle OpenWorld will provide business leaders with education and insights beginning Sunday, September 28.
Running September 28 through October 2 at San Francisco’s Moscone Center, the event brings together some of the biggest names in technology to discuss how companies can reduce cost and complexity to speed innovation and improve the customer experience. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions and draws 60,000 attendees from around the world.
Bringing together the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative ideas, Oracle OpenWorld 2014 begins September 28 and runs through October 2, 2014 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle Executive Chairman of the Board and Chief Technology Officer Larry Ellison will kick off a week of main stage conversations with leading Oracle executives, including CEO Mark Hurd, Executive Vice Presidents Thomas Kurian and John Fowler, and Chief Corporate Architect Edward Screven. Oracle customers, including dunnhumby, Intel, P&G, Walgreens, and Xerox will also join the conversation to share their success stories. Oracle OpenWorld keynotes will be streamed live from oracle.com/openworld.
Together, Oracle executives and Oracle customers will share insights about the state of technology from cloud and customer experience to big data and engineered systems everything for the modern enterprise now and in the future.
The technology and innovation event of the year, Oracle OpenWorld expects to bring together more than 60,000 attendees from 145 countries to discuss important business trends and transformational technology, including cloud computing, engineered systems, and big data.
As the largest and most important educational and networking event for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners, the conference will also feature insight into Oracle’s strategy and product roadmaps.
Helping customers get the critical information they need to grow their business, this year’s Oracle OpenWorld will feature nine “Central” breakout areas focusing on:
• Big data
• Engineered systems
• Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
• Human capital management (HCM)
• Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN)
• Customer experience (CX) for Marketers, Customer Service and Sales Management to Directors of Social and Commerce
• Supply chain management (SCM)
• Industries from financial services and retail to communications and public sector.
JavaOne, the world’s most comprehensive conference for Java developers, will run in tandem with Oracle OpenWorld. The conference brings together Java experts and enthusiasts for an extraordinary week of learning and networking focused entirely on all things Java. JavaOne will be held September 28 through October 2, 2014 at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square and Parc 55 Wyndham.
Come to Learn
• Throughout the conference, attendees will have the opportunity to experience more than 2,700 sessions, hands-on labs (HOLs), tutorials, and birds-of-a-feather sessions (BOFs).
• More than 3,400 speakers, including more than 1,800 customer and partner speakers, will share how they are using Oracle technology to innovate, simplify their IT infrastructure, and improve customer experiences.
• Event participants can also view more than 400 demonstrations across key Oracle product areas, from servers to applications, as well as 450 partner and customer exhibits.
• In addition to key technology and industry tracks, the event includes deep-dive training seminars from Oracle University discussing timely topics ranging from cloud and database to engineered systems and big data.
• Attendees will also have the opportunity to network with more than 10 Oracle user groups from around the world.
Come to Network
• Continuing its commitment to its community, Oracle is dedicated to bringing unique and memorable experiences to conference-goers each year. This year, attendees can enjoy:
• Three nights of great music, starting with Empire of the Sun on Monday, September 29 at Oracle Technology Network’s Tech Fest. Tuesday, September 30 will feature Capital Cities at the CX Central Fest. The music experience will culminate with Aerosmith, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis, and Spacehog at the Oracle Customer Appreciation Event on San Francisco’s renowned Treasure Island the evening of Wednesday, October 1.
• An opportunity to network with peers, Oracle partners, and Oracle experts, attendees can connect at one of many lounges, Recharge Zones, and Tap and Brews during the show.
• Attendees also have the chance to meet Sean D. Tucker, part of Team Oracle and the world's premier air show performer.
• For fun-seekers, Oracle’s Ping Pong Alley, Nothin’ but Net, and Pop Quiz Corner provide innovative places to relax and play.
“Oracle OpenWorld 2014 will offer opportunities for our customer and partner communities to connect and to learn strategies they can employ to create more innovative, agile, and competitive businesses,” said Tania Weidick, vice president of event marketing at Oracle. “This year’s event is full of opportunities to network and learn from the brightest minds and leaders in technology. From the sessions to the unique events, it promises to be an unforgettable show.”
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important business and technology conference of the year for Oracle customers, prospective customers, and partners. This educational conference is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming industry trends and breakthroughs driven by technology. Oracle OpenWorld offers more than 2,700 educational sessions, hundreds of demos and hands-on labs, and exhibitions from more than 450 partners and customers from around the world showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management, cloud, and infrastructure solutions all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2014 is September 28 through October 2 at the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Kristin Reeves - Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5145 - E: Kristin.reeves[.]blancandotus.com.