PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Salt Lake City, UT, United States, 2014/09/24 - Imminent danger of CO poisoning is a growing concern in the care for elderly, child and immuno-compromised individuals. Monnit’s wireless carbon monoxide sensor and online monitoring software provide a very affordable, feature rich solution - Monnit.com.
Monnit Corporation, today announced a new low-power wireless carbon monoxide sensor. Monnit’s new wireless carbon monoxide (CO) sensors are the only sensors available in the industry that can be powered by a single coin cell battery while maintaining premium performance specifications and long life.
Imminent danger of CO poisoning is a growing concern in the care for elderly, child and immuno-compromised individuals. Monnit’s wireless sensor platform and online monitoring software provide a very affordable, simple-to-setup, feature rich solution that helps meet the growing demand of legislative and public concerns regarding the monitoring of gas leaks and emissions.
"We are excited about our new low-power Micro-Electro-Mechanical (MEMs) based CO gas sensor.” said Brad Walters, CEO of Monnit Corporation. “One of the most exciting aspects of our new gas sensor is in power management optimizations. This sensor features industry leading performance with sub 30 PPM CO detection while being able to operate for more than a year, off a single coin cell battery.”
Features of the carbon monoxide sensor:
• Measurement range of 0-1000 PPM
• ± 1 PPM Resolution
• Accurate to ± 2% of reading or 1 ppm
• Operating temperature range of -7 to 40°C
• Ultra-low power and small size (available two formats)
• Coin cell powered carbon monoxide (CO) sensors
- Smallest size sensor at only 1 in (w) x 1 in.(h) x 0.79 in. (d)
- Powered by a single CR2032 coin cell battery
- Battery will last ~ 1 year (at 1 hour heartbeat)
• AA battery powered carbon monoxide (CO) sensors
- Only 3 in (w) x 2.1 in.(h) x 1.27 in. (d)
- Powered by 2 AA batteries
- Batteries will last 2+ years (at 1 hour heartbeat)
• Alerts contain CO level in PPM
• Customizable alerting based on specified CO levels (sensitivity of alerts is adjustable, not just what is deemed dangerous)
• CO levels are recorded (data logged) in system at every heartbeat
Focused on simplicity, Monnit wireless sensors can be setup, gathering data and notifying users of concerns in just a few short minutes. Monnit currently provides over 40 unique wireless sensor types for measuring temperature, humidity, door and window (open/close), motion, water, activity, dry contact and a variety of other conditions that are critical to businesses.
All Monnit wireless sensors include free basic iMonnit online sensor monitoring which aggregates sensor information and sends notifications via text or email if user defined conditions are met or exceeded.
Monnit also provides wireless sensors to OEM’s and Reseller’s through OEMSensors.com, which allows for white labeling (private branding) of both the wireless sensor hardware and the online monitoring software.
For more information on Monnit wireless sensors and monitoring call (801) 561-5555 or visit monnit.com.
About Monnit Corp.
Monnit (monnit.com) is a leader in the design and manufacturing of turnkey, self-installing, low cost wireless sensor solutions targeted at the commercial, industrial and consumer markets. Monnit’s sensing solutions are designed to be easily installed and used by anyone wanting to remotely monitor information and activities, including: temperature, access, presence of water, light, humidity, and vibration in or around structures, machinery, and various environments.