PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2014/09/08 - Oracle Yard Management Manages and Tracks the Flow of Trailers and Their Contents for Improved Order Fulfillment and Logistics Operations - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
As the supply chain becomes more complex, visibility and control between transportation and warehouse management systems has become critical for many businesses. Distribution center yards are often the missing link to achieving the required visibility and control. To connect these two systems and extend supply chain visibility and process automation to the yard, Oracle is introducing Oracle Yard Management, an extension to the Oracle Value Chain Execution suite of applications. This new offering helps organizations provide continuous control of their distribution material flow to improve order fulfillment and logistics operations.
To address the complexities of enterprise supply chains, Oracle is extending its Oracle Value Chain Execution solution with Oracle Yard Management.
Part of the Oracle E-Business Suite Supply Chain Management family of applications, Oracle Yard Management manages and tracks the flow of trailers and their contents into, within, and out of the yards of distribution centers, production campuses, transportation terminals, and other facilities.
Oracle Yard Management enables manufacturing, distribution, and asset-intensive organizations to improve order fulfillment and logistics operations by extending supply chain visibility and process automation into the yard.
To deliver organizations with solutions that scale to meet their business objectives, Oracle Yard Management is designed for use by companies with larger facilities using Oracle Warehouse Management as well as smaller facilities using Oracle Inventory Management.
Increase Supply Chain Visibility and Process Automation
With Oracle Yard Management customers can:
• Coordinate and manage yard transactions: Execute, track and audit yard transactions including gate check-in and check-out, trailer movements, sealing and unsealing of trailers, and loading and unloading of trailers.
• Automate yard transactions: Use mobile RF devices or integrate to RFID solutions
• Expand logistics visibility: Gain visibility to both trailers and their contents as soon as they are checked into the facility and quickly locate trailers in the yard.
• Schedule dock appointments: Schedule directly within Oracle Yard Management or use carrier appointments collaboratively scheduled in Oracle Transportation Management.
• Synchronize yard, warehousing, and transportation operations: Synchronize activities inside and outside the dock, such as loading trailers based on the optimized shipment load sequencing recommended by Oracle Transportation Management.
Oracle Yard Management provides the following key customer benefits:
• Accelerates warehouse throughput with more efficient dock operations.
• Increases visibility of trailers and their contents in the yard.
• Improves operational efficiency for yard and service facilities.
• Reduces detention costs of holding trailers.
“Shippers and logistics providers are well aware of the benefits of visibility and automation across the supply chain. One of the last remaining gaps in this process flow is the yard, which is not fully covered by either warehouse management or transportation management solutions,” said Cliff Godwin, senior vice president, Oracle Applications Development. “Oracle Yard Management closes this visibility and management gap by bridging warehouse management and transportation management operations. By streamlining, optimizing and automating yard activity organizations are able to enhance their supply chain performance and increase their overall operational efficiency.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Simon Jones - Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.