ArcSoft, a global leader of image-intelligent technologies, today announced the immediate availability of simplicam® powered by Closeli®, the first and only home monitoring Wi-Fi video solution with Face Detection. Now users can receive notifications when someone is actually in their home, rather than getting an alert every time the cat walks by or a tree branch moves. simplicam powered by Closeli allows consumers, including parents, pet owners, caretakers and homeowners, to keep an eye on who and what matters most while they’re away from home. Users can view live or recorded video of their home directly from their smartphone, tablet or computer.
"simplicam powered by Closeli builds on ArcSoft’s 20 years of imaging experience by introducing Face Detection technology to the connected home,” said Caroline Tien-Spalding, Senior Marketing Director, ArcSoft. “Detecting faces in real time within a video stream, combined with varying light, size and positioning, has been a huge barrier for the connected home, which we’re excited to crush today. Putting this unique technology in the hands of consumers signifies a major leap forward and opens up a whole new era in the future of home monitoring.”
simplicam powered by Closeli sets up easily on a smartphone in less than three minutes. Users can enjoy live, 720p HD video and motion/sound notifications through the free Closeli app on their mobile devices, or on the web via a Mac or PC. Premium Closeli Recording Services provide enhanced features, such as recording in the cloud, easy editing and sharing options and unique Face Detection technology.
simplicam powered by Closeli what’s included:
• Simple setup: Use the free Closeli app (Android or iOS) to activate the camera via Wi-Fi network from your smartphone or tablet, no PC required. It takes less than three minutes. Alternatively, a USB cable is also included to set up the camera on a PC or Mac.
• Watch anywhere: From an iPhone, iPad, Android phone, tablet or computer via Closeli’s mobile app or at Closeli.com. See every detail on the go in 720p HD video quality.
• Smart & secure: Customize the user experience based on preferences and lifestyle.
• Schedule on/off times so the camera is only on when you’re not home.
• Forgot to turn it off? Remotely turn on/off from anywhere using the app.
• Video is always SSL encrypted, so what’s yours, stays yours.
• Motion & sound detection: Receive notifications on a smartphone or computer if movement is detected or noise is heard. If the camera goes offline, Closeli will also send an alert.
• Mounting options: Every simplicam camera comes with a 10-foot USB power cord and a wall mount, making it easy to position on a bookshelf, entertainment center or in the top corner of a room.
Closeli Recording Services
Get enhanced features by upgrading to one of Closeli’s cloud-based recording plans. Top features include:
• Face Detection notifications that tell users when someone is home.
• Continuous video recording in the cloud.
• The ability to save favorite clips and watch them anytime, anywhere.
• Easy video editing and sharing (pets being cute!) straight from a smartphone via email or social media.
Closeli Recording Plans:
• 1 Day recording: $49.99/year or $4.99/month.
• 11 Day recording: $139.99/year or $13.99/month.
• 21 Day recording: $229.99/year or $22.99/month.
Availability and Pricing
simplicam® (simplicam.com) powered by Closeli® is available for $149.99 on Amazon.com or simplicam.com. Users can purchase the camera with a 24-hour recording plan for one year for $199.99, or upgrade anytime to a Closeli Recording Services plan.
ArcSoft (arcsoft.com) is the global leader in imaging intelligence technology. Now in our 20th year, our world-class Intelligent Imaging™ enables visual ‘thinking' capabilities in more than 1 billion of today’s most popular smartphones.
ArcSoft is the creative team behind a line of innovative consumer products including Perfect365®, the world’s most popular FREE portrait enhancement and makeup app for iPhone, Android, and Windows phones.
For our device partners in computers, digital cameras, the hottest wearables, TVs, home appliances and cloud storage, we provide a full line of advanced imaging solutions including face and object recognition/detection, content-based analysis for pictures and video, studio-quality image and video enhancement. Our corporate customers and partners include many of the world’s leading OEMs and chip manufacturers, including companies like Amazon, Samsung, Nikon, Olympus, Canon, Sony, Panasonic, Lenovo, Sharp and Qualcomm.
© 2014 ArcSoft, Inc. All rights reserved. ArcSoft, simplicam, and Closeli are either registered trademarks or trademarks of ArcSoft, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ArcSoft reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.