Earlyclaim.com, Italian startup launched on August 9th 2014, continues its growth around the world, surpassing the 34000 registered users mark with visitors from 160 countries.
The platform, currently in alpha stage, reserves your favorite username in new startups and online services, so you don’t get stuck with several different usernames as a result of discovering the newest innovations later than others do. Earlyclaim is an effort towards a single coherent online identity and brand for individuals, professionals and businesses, as well a contribution and supporting tool to the entrepreneurial ecosystem worldwide.
Co-founded by Alessandro Marchesini and Walter Franchetti as an answer to their own needs as private individuals, professionals, business owners and entrepreneurs, Earlyclaim.com has achieved online media coverage over 4 continents since its launch.
The majority of the Earlyclaim users are not reserving first names, last names or combinations of the two. They are instead reserving custom usernames. Based on social media monitoring, Earlyclaim is seeing a fairly even split of usage by people for professional branding in various segments (social media, sales & marketing, journalism/blogging, technology, entertainment, finance and others), for personal use and to represent companies/businesses.
Facts and info (at time of press release writing):
- official launch date: August 9th, 2014, 11:30 am. CET
- geographical reach: 160 countries, 5 continents
- top 15 most active countries (in order of activity): United States, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom, Italy, Germany, Japan, Canada, Brazil, Spain, Netherlands, Australia, India, France, Iran
- social buzz: over 15000 people reached the platform from social networks word of mouth
- press validation: online coverage by Fast Company, Gizmodo (.com, .co.uk, .jp), T3n, AGbeat, Corriere Innovazione, Finmes, Feber, Dinside and others
How Earlyclaim.com works:
• A user signs up to EarlyClaim choosing his/her preferred username and specifies which categories of startups & online services he/she is interested in
• The platform registers the user on new startups and services that have opted in to the platform, using Earlyclaim-generated credentials, that match the user’s category preferences
• The user has X days from the launch date of the startup / online service to login to each startup/Service with his Earlyclaim-generated credentials to change the reservation into registration.
• In the meantime, EarlyClaim.com digests all out-bound communication, emails and messages from the startups, funneling them into a single daily digest email to each user’s personal email, thus avoiding spamming and email inbox cluttering
EarlyClaim.com was born as a side project of Alessandro Marchesini and Walter Franchetti to “unwind” for a few days from a previous venture. The unwinding part did not work out too well. Earlyclaim.com is now their main, sole business endeavor.