Shermco Industries, the largest independent electrical testing and maintenance company in North America, will host the 2014 North American Electric Reliability Corporation/Federal Energy Regulation Commission Compliance Symposium on Sept. 17-18 at the Hotel Derek, 2525 West Loop South, in Houston, Texas.
The symposium will focus on learning NERC/FERC implementation, updates, best practices and compliance and will cover the following topics:
• An introduction to NERC/FERC compliance
• BES Definition
• PRC-005 Updates
• Best Audit Practices
• Best Practices Instrument Transformers
• Best Practices DC Control Circuitry
• Best Practices Protective Relays
• Best Practices Communications
• Best Practices Pitfalls from the Field Perspective
• Best Practices Battery Testing
• Best Practices Risk Management/Data Management
• PRC-018 Disturbance Monitoring
• PRC-023 Transmission Relay Load Ability Studies
• BAL-003 Frequency Response and Bias.
The symposium cost is $499 and will feature lectures and discussions covering regulation revisions and best practices presented by industry experts from Shermco Industries, Certrec, Interstate Powercare and PowerDB. The admission price also includes breakfasts, lunches and a Wednesday night reception. CEU credits will be issued upon request.
Shermco Industries (shermco.com) is the leading independent provider of safe and reliable acceptance testing, commissioning, maintenance, repair and remanufacturing of electrical equipment and power distribution systems. With service centers located throughout North America, certified technicians and engineers focus on servicing both scheduled and unexpected projects for large commercial, industrial and utility customers. Shermco, a leader in electrical safety and technical training as well as industrial electrical contracting, utility, wind turbine maintenance and disaster recovery services is a member in good standing with the Electrical Apparatus Service Association, American Wind Energy Association, Professional Electrical Apparatus Recyclers League, and the InterNational Electrical Testing Association.