FTI Consulting, Inc., the global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance their enterprise value, today announced that its FTI Technology business segment is launching the latest version of its award-winning Ringtail® e-discovery software. New features and enhancements to search and analytics improve the speed and efficiency of review for legal teams during discovery.
“Unlike other legal review tools, Ringtail facilitates the activities of each user, no matter their role,” said Anne McKay of Covington & Burling LLP. “Our case administrators can search the database and create assignments quickly and efficiently on the fly. Reviewers can find and use the features they need with minimal clicks. The streamlined user interface sits on top of Ringtail’s scalable database and innovative visual analytics, delivering greater user productivity and value for our clients.”
New Ringtail enhancements and features include:
• Macro-to-micro analytics: Legal teams can analyze millions of documents at a high level and then immediately drill into smaller data sets for additional research, revealing similarity relationships between documents. This functionality drives a more complete and faster identification of potentially relevant information and ultimately a richer understanding of key case facts.
• Visual advanced search: Featuring a redesigned layout specifically designed to simplify complex search construction, visual search lets users toggle between advanced search, document lists and analytics, to produce immediate advanced searches from any visualization.
• Quick searches: From the consistent navigation ribbon, reviewers can now access saved searches, assignments, document content, metadata and document IDs. Likewise, administrators can now immediately navigate to users, groups, workflows, binders and document collections.
• Simplified homepage: A unified case homepage including hierarchical task menus, navigation “breadcrumbs” and a quick-link sitemap improves usability by allowing reviewers and administrators direct access to functions.
• Integrated processing: With support for more than 400 file types, Ringtail’s new integrated processing delivers an optimized workflow with rapid ingestion, engaging dashboards and flexible configuration options.
“We continue to work closely with Ringtail users at law firms and corporations to make Ringtail the most intuitive and powerful legal review software available,” said Joe Milan, a Senior Director of User Experience (UX) with FTI Technology. “Our user-centered design approach has resulted in a number of improvements above and beyond general usability that make Ringtail unique in the market. These enhancements include empowering users to find important information faster, as well as moving back and forth between multiple, integrated visual analytics tools for a deeper understanding of key themes.”
A number of publications, including The National Law Journal and KMWorld, recognize Ringtail as a leading e-discovery software for legal review. Most recently, FTI Technology was included in the ‘Leaders’ quadrant of Gartner’s ‘Magic Quadrant for E-Discovery Software’ report (Jie Zhang, Debra Logan, Garth Landers, June 19, 2014). A complimentary copy of the report is available at the FTI Technology site.
FTI Technology (ftitechnology.com) will demonstrate the latest version of Ringtail at the ILTA 2014 tradeshow in Nashville. For a demo, please visit booth #210.
About FTI Consulting
FTI Consulting, Inc. (fticonsulting.com) is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,200 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. The Company generated $1.65 billion in revenues during fiscal year 2013.