PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Atlanta, GA, United States, 2014/07/16 - Today, Aptean announced the launch of Axis 6.2, the latest version of its industry-leading ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) solution designed for metals producers, wire and cable manufacturers and metals service centers - Aptean.com. NASDAQ: TRMB
Axis delivers innovative, yet practical, solutions to the strategic operational challenges of the metals industry and provides measurable results and return on investment.
Axis is the leading ERP solution for the metals industry, supporting the operations of many of the world’s largest metal, wire and cable manufacturers. For example, current Aptean customer Perryman Company’s forging operation is supported by virtually all of the available Axis modules:
“We use Aptean in the forging facility for planning and scheduling workflows, to know when we’re full, to define lead times, and for raw material purchases,” said Dick Thornburg, ERP manager, Perryman Company. “We use all of the material tracking functions for creating work orders and shop-floor packets, as well as production reporting and labor entry.”
The newest version of Axis 6.2 features new capabilities based on specific input from the customer base, including:
• Advanced Load Planning: Now providing a single, streamlined transaction to enable users to identify orders available to ship as well as build loads and execute complex load shipping.
• Shipping Load Verification: Ensures that the material in a load to be shipped is completely confirmed and verified across the shipping process, to further reduce possible delivery issues.
• Roll/Slit Planning: Plans multiple roll/slit (a metal shearing process that cuts a large roll of material into narrower roll) operations into a single work order that can include multiple sales orders. Planning is initiated by a search to identify the best material to suit the layout, with virtual tags utilized to plan intermediate material as it moves through the process.
• Distribution Processing: Designed for service centers and processors to pick, cut, pack and ship material directly from stock in a single transaction, without creating a production work order.
“Axis 6.2 has the specialized functionality that metals and wire and cable companies need to address the business challenges they face every day,” said Peter Weymouth, Axis product manager, Aptean. “Axis is designed specifically for metals-based companies to drive increased efficiency, reduce costs and maximize profitability.”
For more information on Axis ERP, please read:
• Axis, Functionality that performs
• Why Axis?
• FORGING: “Enterprising Manufacturer Grows Into Forging”
Aptean (aptean.com) helps businesses profit, innovate and grow where the work gets done in the call center, on the floor of the factory, at the end of the assembly line. That’s where Aptean’s CRM, ERP and Supply Chain software applications enable nearly 5,000 customers to satisfy their customers, operate more efficiently and stay at the forefront of their industry. Aptean is where software WORKS.