• Agreement includes IMPAX RIS/PACS/Reporting, Clinical Applications, ICIS View, ICIS VNA and IMPAX BI.
• Agfa HealthCare will manage all hardware and software.
• The solution will allow the hospital to grow towards the latest, state-of-the-art imaging technology platform.
Agfa HealthCare announces that az groeninge hospital in Kortrijk, Belgium has chosen to replace its existing third-party picture archiving and communication system (PACS) with a comprehensive IMPAX RIS/PACS/Reporting solution. Agfa HealthCare will provide all hardware (excluding the storage) and will manage both hardware and software, under an Agfa HealthCare System Management agreement.
az groeninge is a large regional hospital in Kortrijk, Belgium, and is affiliated with the KU Leuven Hospital network. It is the result of a merger of four hospitals in Kortrijk. With over 1000 beds, it is one of the largest hospitals in Belgium. Each year, it admits some 35,000 inpatients and some 47,500 outpatients.
az groeninge is the first non-university hospital in the Benelux to obtain the high level international Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation for patient safety and quality of healthcare (2013). It is also committed to always maintaining the latest and most innovative technology. This dedication extends into the PACS domain, and az groeninge has consequently been a reference site for medical imaging specialist Barco over the years.
Medical imaging and beyond
Turning to long-time partner Agfa HealthCare for a comprehensive, future-proof solution, az groeninge chose to implement the IMPAX RIS/PACS/Reporting solution. The az groeninge/Agfa HealthCare agreement includes:
• IMPAX: a fully integrated RIS/PACS workflow solution for data management and reporting. It will be implemented for all imaging departments, in a hospital-wide solution. The existing IMPAX radiology information system (RIS) will also be upgraded to the latest version.
• Clinical Applications: tight integration with IMPAX provides point-of-care access to clinical applications such as Fusion and 3D, supporting e.g. the PET department with the most recent technology.
• ICIS View: enables enhanced viewing, sharing, and integration across platforms, with all images from all sources accessible on a single browser-based viewer.
• ICIS VNA: allows integrated archiving of multi-facility, multi-departmental and multi-specialty imaging data.
• IMPAX BI: an advanced business intelligence platform that facilitates healthcare managers and care providers to compile, organize and manage clinical, quality, financial and administrative data.
The hospital will continue to use the existing Agfa HealthCare web portal to exchange information with external referring physicians.
Under the agreement, Agfa HealthCare will manage both software and hardware. This will include monitoring the availability and performance of the local network, server hardware and operating systems; database management; and backup management.
Long-term relationship with reliable partner
“We were convinced to extend our relationship with Agfa HealthCare not only due to the quality of its solutions, but especially to the strength and availability of its service and support,” comments Dr. Olivier Vanovermeire, Head of Medical Imaging, az groeninge. “Agfa HealthCare is a company with a solid structure and proven expertise in medical imaging. And it is a reliable partner in our market, which is important for the future.”
“We are very pleased to have this opportunity to further strengthen our relationship with az groeninge, supporting its evolution with our enterprise-wide solutions, as well as our services and support organization,” says Hans Vandewyngaerde, President EMEA at Agfa HealthCare.