PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2014/06/30 - New Oracle Mobile Suite Enhancements Improve Speed of Mobile Application Development with Mobile Centric Integration for Back End Services and Security. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
As organizations strive to support an increasingly mobile workforce, application developers are challenged to keep up with demand across multiple mobile platforms. Empowering developers to create new, highly scalable, secure mobile applications faster and in an easier way, as part of the Oracle Mobile Platform, Oracle has released new innovations with Oracle Mobile Suite, which includes the new Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF) with an updated version of Oracle Service Bus optimized for mobile integration including native support for REST/JSON APIs. These enhancements enable customers to accelerate the delivery of new cross device mobile applications with access to on-premises, cloud and third party mobile services.
• Oracle today is announcing updates to the Oracle Mobile Suite, an integrated solution designed to accelerate development and deployment of mobile applications across multiple mobile platforms, and that works with disparate enterprise systems.
• The release features a new cross device mobile development framework, Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF) that simplifies the development of multiplatform on-device mobile applications.
• Oracle MAF is tightly integrated with Oracle Mobile Security Suite, which secures corporate-owned applications and data on mobile devices, and secures deployment and management of any mobile application.
Simplifying Mobile Application Development
Oracle MAF simplifies the creation of on-device mobile applications. Features include the following:
• More than 80 professionally developed UI components, allow developers to create richer mobile application interfaces with extensive data visualization capabilities reducing the need for low-level HTML5 coding.
• Support for Apache Cordova plug-ins, enables developers to leverage specific mobile device features across multiple operating systems.
• Declarative UI components creation, allows for greater reusability while developing applications as well as creating templates for user interfaces.
• Built-in integration with Oracle Mobile Security Suite for extended support for application containerization, advanced authentication and authorization, and integration with social network logins.
• Extended customization support enabling developers to customize off-the-shelf mobile applications built with the framework.
• Support for applications developed under Oracle ADF Mobile.
Updates to Oracle Service Bus include:
• Unified design-time environment in Oracle JDeveloper, allows the development of both front-end applications and backend integrations, using a graphical wizards-based approach to expose backend systems as REST/JSON mobile-ready APIs.
• Built in in-memory distributed caching to help overloaded backend systems scale and cope with the increased traffic from mobile applications while reducing overall latency and ultimately enhancing the end-user experience.
• A rich portfolio of existing adapters to on-premises enterprise applications.
"Oracle MAF is going to enable our consultants to accelerate the delivery of mobile implementations for our customers. The added support for extensibility through Cordova plugins and custom HTML5 UI components will further extend the scenarios where Oracle MAF can be used. We are also excited to see the possibility to leverage social security providers with the extended options for security implementation in Oracle MAF,” said Luc Bors, Principal Consultant at AMIS.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Danielle Tarp, Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5182 - E: mdtarp[.]blancandotus.com.