The new series is ideal for ATMs (automated teller machines), banks, stores, hotels, as well as rugged environments such as ambulances and police cars.
AXIS F Series offers a main unit and sensor units with pinhole, standard, varifocal, and fish-eye lenses for field of views up to 194° in highly discreet surveillance installations. The main unit can connect to only one sensor unit at a time, see film.
Axis Communications, the world leader in network video, today introduces a modular camera series that not only gives customers discreet surveillance solutions that provide high image detail, but also great flexibility in choosing the units that are ideal for the installation.
“AXIS F Series enables great flexibility and discreetness with superb video performance, even in high-contrast lighting conditions,” says Erik Frännlid, Axis’ Director of Product Management. “The series is based on a divided network camera concept, where the camera is split into a lens and image sensor unit, and a main unit. This concept was first introduced in the AXIS P12 Series. When we developed the AXIS F Series, we took into account the feedback we received from AXIS P12 to provide customers with even better solutions.”
The divided network camera concept allows a small sensor unit to be installed discreetly in tight places and the bigger main unit to be placed elsewhere and away from public view. AXIS F Series consists of units that are all sold separately. The series includes AXIS F41 Main Unit and four compatible AXIS F sensor units with different form factors and lens types for different field of views. AXIS F41 Main Unit houses the processor, network, power, SD card slot and other connections, and can connect to one AXIS F sensor unit. Each sensor unit, which consists of a lens and image sensor, comes with the choice of a 3-m or 12-m (10-ft. or 39-ft.) pre-mounted cable for connecting to the main unit.
“The small sensor units give users the flexibility to easily and discreetly install them, even in very tight spaces,” says Frännlid. “They can be flush-mounted in walls, ceilings, doorways, elevators and behind sheet metal with only the small lens surface visible in the case of the pinhole unit, just a tiny hole for the lens. Certain AXIS F sensor units can also withstand tough conditions such as vibrations, shocks and temperature fluctuations, which make them ideal for use inside and outside of emergency vehicles. The modular concept also gives customers the flexibility to purchase the sensor unit that is ideal for their application.”
AXIS F41 Main Unit supports the following features:
• Axis’ Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) Forensic Capture, which enables details from both bright and dark areas of a scene to be visible; ideal for scenarios such as at entrances or in front of ATMs where the subject may be dark against a bright background, or in nighttime situations where the camera must handle low-light environments together with bright lights from vehicles, street lamps, signage and stores
• HDTV 1080p video at up to 50/60 frames per second, ideal for capturing fast-moving objects and generating smoother video
• Two-way audio
• Input/output ports to external devices for enhanced alarm management
• RS232 port for integration of external data to the video
• Full-sized SD card slot for local storage
• Power over Ethernet, as well as the option of connecting to an external power supply
• Intelligent video capabilities such as video motion detection, active tampering alarm and downloadable applications through the AXIS Camera Application Platform
The four compatible AXIS F sensor units (with two different cable lengths to choose from) consist of:
• IP66-rated AXIS F1005-E Sensor Unit with a fixed lens and 113° horizontal field of view
• AXIS F1015 Sensor Unit with a varifocal lens for a 53° to 108° horizontal field of view
• AXIS F1025 Sensor Unit with a pinhole lens and 89° horizontal field of view
• IP66-rated AXIS F1035-E Sensor Unit with a fisheye lens for a 194° horizontal field of view.
AXIS F41 Main Unit offers AXIS Camera Companion video management software and is supported by AXIS Camera Station and the industry’s largest base of video management software through the Axis Application Development Partner Program. AXIS F41 also includes support for AXIS Video Hosting System and ONVIF for easy camera system integration.
Available in July are AXIS F41 Main Unit and AXIS F1005-E and AXIS F1015 Sensor Units. Available in September 2014 are AXIS F1025 and AXIS F1035-E Sensor Units.
Axis (axis.com) offers intelligent security solutions that enable a smarter, safer world. As the global market leader in network video, Axis is driving the industry by continually launching innovative network products based on an open platform - delivering high value to customers through a global partner network. Axis has long-term relationships with partners and provides them with knowledge and ground-breaking network products in existing and new markets.
Axis has more than 1,600 dedicated employees in more than 40 countries around the world, supported by a network of over 65,000 partners across 179 countries. Founded in 1984, Axis is a Sweden-based company listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm under the ticker AXIS.