PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2014/05/27 - Automatic Failover and Data Sharding Now Available for Web and Cloud Applications - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
Meeting the demands of today’s web and cloud applications, Oracle announces the general availability of MySQL Fabric. MySQL Fabric provides an integrated system that makes it simpler to manage groups of MySQL databases. It delivers both high availability - via failure detection and failover - and scalability through automated data sharding.
Continuing to drive MySQL innovation, Oracle announced the general availability of MySQL Fabric, an open source framework to manage farms of MySQL servers.
This integrated and extensible system makes it easier to scale out or add high availability to MySQL applications.
For more details, join the Webcast on Thursday, June 19, 2014 at 9:00 am PT.
MySQL Fabric Capabilities
Automatic failure detection and failover when used with MySQL Replication for high availability, including:
• Monitoring of the master database; if the server fails, MySQL Fabric selects one of the slave databases and promotes it to be the new master.
• Automatic routing of transactions to the current master and load-balancing of queries across slave databases. Topology and state of the servers are transparent to the application.
Automated data sharding and re-sharding make it easier for development and operations, or DevOps, teams to manage the process. This enables users to:
• Allow tables to be sharded for scale-out of both reads and writes.
• Select which tables should be sharded and specify the columns to be used as sharding keys, including whether to use a HASH or RANGE based mapping.
• Move existing shards to new servers or split them into multiple shards.
For Extensions to PHP, Python, and Java connectors allow transactions and queries to be routed directly to the correct MySQL Server, eliminating the extra latency caused by passing through a proxy.
"Many of the world’s largest websites and cloud-based applications rely on MySQL replication and sharding to deliver high availability and scalability,” said Tomas Ulin, vice president, MySQL Engineering, Oracle. “MySQL Fabric makes high availability with automatic failure detection and failover, as well as automated data sharding, accessible to all. With this integrated and open source framework, Oracle makes it easier to safely scale out MySQL applications, either on premises or in the cloud.”
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Contact: Danielle Tarp - Blanc & Otus
P: +1 415-856-5182 - E: dtarp[.]blancandotus.com.