PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Jacksonville, FL, United States, 2014/05/21 - Adding to its credentials as a leader in mobile banking and commerce, FIS™ recently won “Best Mobile Banking Technology” at the 2014 World Finance Technology Awards - FISglobal.com
. NYSE: FIS
• FIS named global winner of “Best Mobile Banking Technology 2014” at the World Finance Technology Awards.
• The World Finance Awards are produced by international finance magazine World Finance and celebrate “achievement, innovation and brilliance.”
• This is the fourth major award to recognize FIS’ mobile solutions in the last six months.
The World Finance Technology Awards, produced by international financial magazine World Finance, were created to celebrate “achievement, innovation and brilliance” in technological advancements. Nominations are based on reader insight, and are judged by a panel with more than 230 years of financial and business journalism experience. In addition, each award winner is carefully reviewed by a research team to make sure its work is of the highest caliber.
“Mobile commerce is the future, and FIS has made an incredible commitment to leading that revolution,” said Doug Brown, SVP and GM, FIS Mobile Financial Services. “FIS with its adaptable, easy-to-deploy, secure mobile solutions is defining the market by proactively educating the industry about shifting consumer behavior and by providing leading-edge products that help merchants and retailers maximize commerce and marketing.”
This is the fourth major award FIS’ mobile business has received in the last six months, including:
• 2014 Frost & Sullivan Customer Value Enhancement Award for FIS Mobile Wallet;
• 2013 Best in Class Mobile Banking Vendor Overall by Javelin Strategy & Research;
• No. 1 in Top 3 Mobile Banking Vendor Standards and Customized Solutions, and No. 1 in Top 3 Mobile Banking Standard Solutions by Javelin Strategy & Research;
• Best in Class Customer Experience, Best in Class Interface Development and Best in Class Integration & Management by CEB TowerGroup.
FIS (fisglobal.com) is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in the financial services sector, FIS serves more than 14,000 institutions in over 110 countries. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Fla., FIS employs more than 39,000 people worldwide and holds leadership positions in payment processing and banking solutions, providing software, services and outsourcing of the technology that drives financial institutions. First in financial technology, FIS tops the annual FinTech 100 list, is 434 on the Fortune 500 and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index.