PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Dayton, OH, United States, 2014/05/15 - New high-speed diameter, fault detection, and extended fiber length gauges, and latest cable testing systems deliver production efficiencies and savings - BetaLaserMike.com.
Beta LaserMike, a leading global provider of precision measurement and control solutions, will debut several new offerings for in-process dimensional monitoring & control and automated quality cable testing at this year’s Wire China conference and exhibition in Shanghai.
Beta LaserMike’s new lineup includes:
• Ultra-Fast AccuScan 5000 Series Diameter Gauges these dual-axis gauges perform high-speed diameter and ovality measurements at 2400 scans per second per axis and provide the highest single-scan accuracy in the industry. The improvements in the single-scan calibration algorithm ensure each scan is highly accurate and reliable. The high-speed tolerance checking option permits the early and precise detection of lumps and necks to eliminate costly product waste. The STAC (stranded, twisted, armoured, and corrugated) logic software option provides accurate max/min OD or enveloped readings at a higher rate, allowing for faster process control of complex cable constructions. AccuScan gauges effectively measure transparent, translucent, and opaque products up to 80 mm in diameter. All gauges offer highly flexible communications including RS-232, Ethernet/IP, Ethernet TCP/IP, DeviceNet, Profibus, Profinet, CANOpen, Analog, and Digital.
• LN3040 3-Axis Lump & Neck Detector the new LN3040 quickly and reliably spots product flaws before they become costly production problems. Fast-sensing and processing technology instantly detects sudden changes in the product diameter to effectively catch the smallest of flaws. The LN3040 measures product diameters up to 40 mm and detects flaw height down to 0.05 mm at line speeds up to 3000 m/min. It is designed with a user-friendly operator interface, accepts a range of inputs, and provides highly flexible communications such as RS-232, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, Profibus, and Profinet.
• Excess Fiber Length (EFL) Measurement System Beta LaserMike’s latest EFL measurement system enables manufacturers to efficiently, accurately, and reliably produce loose tube fiber and fiber ribbon cable. It does this by effectively controlling the excess fiber length to make sure the fiber-to-jacket ratio of product meets exact production specifications. This eliminates time-consuming and costly techniques such as cutting cable, and exposing and cleaning cable fibers to measure product and calculate the excess fiber length-to-jacket ratio. The EFL measurement system integrates Beta LaserMike’s LaserSpeed® length and speed gauges and EFLTrak™ software.
• DCM Bench-top LAN/Data Cable Testing Systems In addition, Beta LaserMike will introduce its new DCM SCS-700 and ES-2G automated testing systems for four-pair LAN/Data cables. These systems enable cable makers to test more cable faster with higher quality results. The DCM SCS-700 tests Cat 5e/6/6a cables to 700 MHz and offers a low-frequency option to test cables down to 100 Hz. Dual-frequency testing can be performed with a single connection to significantly reduce set-up and testing time. The DCM ES-2G tests Cat 5/6/6a/7/7a/8 cables now to 2.2 GHz. A new innovative technology eliminates the effect of jacket removal on reflection measurements, such as input impedance and return loss. Both the DCM SCS-700 and ES-2G systems are engineered with an automated 4-pair switching platform, enabling you to perform cable testing in less than 3 minutes. And, both systems include easy-to-use testing software with complete test management and reporting capabilities.
Beta LaserMike application specialists (betalasermike.com) will also be available to discuss the following measurement and control solutions for wire and cable:
• LayScan lay length measurement system
• LaserSpeed length and speed gauge
• High-Frequency Spark Tester and Preheater systems
• LN Series Lump and Neckdown detectors
• BenchMike table-top cut sample measurement system
• DataPro process controller and data management system
• SRL Pro on-line structural return loss (SRL) prediction and analysis system
• DCM Cable Testing systems, bench-top and fully integrated, for LAN/Data, Telecom, Coaxial, and Aerospace/Defense cables.