PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
York, PA, United States, 2014/05/13 - KioWare kiosk mode software has released KioWare for Windows Version 7.2.0 with new TV Tuner capabilities and updates that focus on providing an optimal User Experience - KioWare.com.
Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) has released Version 7.2.0 of KioWare Lite, KioWare Kiosk Basic, and KioWare Full with Server. These products act as a kiosk mode, locking down the Operating System and Desktop of your Windows Devices.
The latest release of KioWare Kiosk Basic and KioWare Full with Server adds TV Tuner integration for digital signage and kiosk applications. With TV Tuner support, you can bring easily-configured entertainment and engagement to your kiosk display. When configuring KioWare for use with security devices such as kiosk mats and motion sensors, Version 7.2.0 adds the option to set up a warning dialog prior to ending a user session.
Development of Version 7.2.0 of KioWare Lite, KioWare Kiosk Basic and KioWare Full with Server has focused intently on creating a seamless user experience. “We have listened to users and dedicated many of the new features to improving end user experience. With a new docked virtual keyboard, input type improvements, and increased speed for graphic displays; great KioWare features have been given a strong UX upgrade,” said Bryan Bosley, Director of Technology for KioWare. With this strong focus on the user interface, KioWare has redesigned the virtual keyboard which now docks below your text for easy data entry. The new version has also increased the speed of graphic intensive displays via use of the device’s video card. In an effort to use the best browser experience for each particular website, KioWare now uses Microsoft’s compatibility list to determine the optimal version of IE for display purposes. Other user-focused improvements include dynamic browser resizing and virtual keyboard support for HTML5 input types.
KioWare Lite (for Windows) new features include:
• Addition of Virtual Keyboard Support for HTML5 input types which includes the ability to input "search" and any other valid input types (date, symbols, etc.) into browser forms
• Resizing of dynamic display when screen resolution changes
• Redesigned virtual keyboard that docks rather than obfuscates the entry form/screen
• Disable “Edge Gestures” on Windows 8
• Option for Custom Keyboard Key Blocking
• Enable Hardware Graphics Acceleration in the browser (increases speed of graphic intensive displays via use of the video card)
• Reference Microsoft compatibility list to determine optimal version of IE for website display
• Fix Blocking CD-ROM in Windows 8/8.1
KioWare Kiosk Basic & Full with Server (for Windows) new features include all of the aforementioned KioWare Lite features, as well as:
• Support for TV Tuner, which gives the ability to utilize TV Tuner as a component of a kiosk display;
• Option to set up a warning dialog for use with security devices such as kiosk mats and motion sensors.
KioWare for Windows Version 7.2.0 provides existing customers a compelling reason to upgrade. Those looking into kiosk software for the first time can view our always expanding list of features. Compatible with Windows tablets and desktops, KioWare is also available for Android devices.
All of these products are available as a free 500-hour demo.
KioWare has been providing OS, desktop, and browser lockdown security for the kiosk and self-service industry since 2001.
About ADSI, developers of KioWare Kiosk Software
Founded in 1991 to provide client server software development, Analytical Design Solutions Inc. (ADSI) developed KioWare (kioware.com), award winning kiosk system software for the Windows OS in 2001, and KioWare for Android software in 2012. KioWare deploys browser-based applications into a kiosk mode environment easily and inexpensively, securing the operating system, and allowing users to access only the application. Each client has the ability to customize KioWare to his or her needs, with a product line ranging from basic browser-lockdown to server based remote monitoring.