ZOLL Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of resuscitation devices and related software solutions, today announced that its advanced resuscitation and acute critical care solutions will be on display in booth D61 during the European Resuscitation Council (ERC) 2014 Congress, 15-17 May in Bilbao, Spain.
Lunchtime Symposium: “The World is Watching Preparing to Treat Athletes and Spectators”
ZOLL, a principal sponsor and business partner of the ERC, will host a lunchtime symposium from 12:30 pm. to 13:30 pm., Friday, 16 May in Room A3 at the Euskalduna Conference Center. A panel of distinguished experts, representing the London 2012 Olympics, the Boston Marathon bombings, and FIFA football, will discuss how emergency preparedness plans need to be executed to treat both spectators and athletes at sporting events. To register, please visit zoll.com/erc.
ZOLL’s Portfolio of Unsurpassed CPR Support
ZOLL’s commitment to high-quality CPR is evident in the company’s suite of technology products for optimal resuscitation response. Virtually all ZOLL defibrillators, from AEDs to professional manual defibrillators, feature Real CPR Help®, the only CPR-feedback technology that has been shown to impact survival-to-discharge, as demonstrated in published research1.
In addition, See-Thru CPR®, ZOLL’s proprietary technology, which minimizes the duration of pauses in CPR to enable rescuers to see an organized, underlying rhythm, is available on the R Series®, the X Series®, and the AED Pro® .
Advanced Resuscitation Solutions from ZOLL
Highlights among ZOLL’s clinical portfolio in booth D61 include:
• The X Series Monitor/Defibrillator is about half the size and half the weight of competitive full-featured monitor/defibrillators, yet extremely powerful and built to extensive standards for ruggedness and durability. The X Series combines the breakthrough capabilities of ZOLL defibrillation, pacing, and CPR assistance with advanced monitoring parameters. Designed initially for EMS operations, it is also ideal for transporting critically ill patients throughout the hospital.
• The R Series Code-Ready® defibrillators are designed to extend “Simple, Smart and Ready” defibrillation to every hospital department through advanced, cost-effective solutions for resuscitation. Both the R Series ALS and R Series Plus are available with pacing, end-tidal CO2, noninvasive blood pressure, and SpO2 monitoring capabilities. The R Series Plus powers on as an AED and with the push of a button can be converted to a manual defibrillator with all the capability of the R Series ALS.
• The AutoPulse® Non-Invasive Cardiac Support Pump is an automated, portable chest compression device. It is the only mechanical CPR system to have shown improved survival in comparative clinical trials. The AutoPulse is equal to the highest quality manual CPR and more than tripled survival compared to typical quality CPR during witnessed shockable arrests.2
• ZOLL’s Intravascular Temperature Management (IVTM™) system offers health care providers the power and control they need to rapidly, safely, and effectively manage the core body temperature of critically ill or surgical patients. The Thermogard XP® delivers accurate, easy-to-use and cost-effective control for both cooling and warming applications. The temperature management system provides a variety of catheter options depending upon the specific patient needs.
• Notable among ZOLL’s RescueNet® Suite products are RescueNet Code Review, a resuscitation data collection and debriefing solution that enables quality improvement, and the RescueNet Medgate 12-Lead STEMI Management Solution, a Web browser-based system that expedites treatment decisions by linking the pre-hospital and hospital environments.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
ZOLL Medical Corporation, an Asahi Kasei Group company (asahi-kasei.co.jp), develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and acute critical care.
Copyright © 2014 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AED Pro, AutoPulse, Code-Ready, IVTM, Real CPR Help, R Series, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, X Series, Thermogard XP, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. All product names are the property of their respective owners.
1Bobrow BJ, et al. Ann Emerg Med. 2013 Jul;62(1):47 56.e1. Epub 2013 Mar 7.
2Wik L, et al. The impact of CPR duration on survival to discharge between integrated AutoPulse-CPR and manual CPR during out-of-hospital cardiac arrest of presumed cardiac origin. Resuscitation. 2012;83:e17