• VIPRION 2200 is the industry’s first modular Application Delivery Controller chassis in an appliance footprint (2U), giving customers unparalleled price/performance in its class and over 50% price-per-instance savings compared to single appliances.
• Innovative ScaleN technology provides resource elasticity and multi-tenancy, expanding the capacity of F5 solutions physical and virtual to seamlessly scale and consolidate application services on demand.
• Customers can take an all-active approach to device clustering for efficiency, realizing additional savings by eliminating passive standby devices for high availability.
F5 Networks announced an addition to its VIPRION® product line. The new two-slot VIPRION 2200 chassis combines the capabilities of F5’s ScaleN™ and Clustered Multiprocessing™ to address all aspects of performance and scalability for organizations’ vital application services. With F5’s VIPRION offerings, customers report the ability to consolidate services and reduce costs even while supporting growth.
The new offering is ideal for midrange customers looking for the on-demand scalability of VIPRION but have rack space constraints or related concerns such as power/cooling requirements that require an appliance footprint. Providing unmatched performance in a 2U form factor, the VIPRION 2200 brings true pay-as-you-grow performance within reach for organizations seeking to bolster their infrastructures without sacrificing future flexibility. With the option of adding an extra blade to increase performance, the device offers easy scalability with no operational disruption. Customers can simply add more capacity as business needs grow.
Adding Device Resources to F5’s Elastic Services Fabric
First introduced in 2011, F5 pioneered ScaleN device service clusters (DSCs) to give customers the ability to align device resources in an all-active configuration, improving resource utilization compared to traditional active/passive high availability (HA) pairs. With F5’s virtual Clustered Multiprocessing (vCMP®) technology, the VIPRION chassis provides the highest density multi-tenant solution in its class to enable efficient consolidation of application services and underutilized ADCs. The new chassis can be deployed to extend a multi-tenant fabric of application resources. In line with this approach, F5’s hardware solutions elegantly integrate with the company’s virtual offerings to promote Software Defined Application Services™ that can be extended from the data center to the cloud.
Integrating with Powerful F5 Technologies for Added Value
The VIPRION 2200 chassis is also designed to take advantage of F5’s unified offerings, including:
• iRules® for enhanced programmability
• iApps® for streamlined application deployments
• iHealth® for valuable diagnostic, monitoring, and analytics information
• Good, Better, Best tiered pricing models to consolidate services and go beyond load balancing
• Community resources on DevCentral™ that further extend the capabilities of F5 solutions
Delivering Unmatched Performance and Scalability in its Class
VIPRION 2200 offers the application delivery capabilities that matter most to enterprises with high-traffic, mission critical web applications, including:
• 160 G of L7 throughput and 4 million L7 requests per second (RPS)
• 72 Gbps of SSL bulk crypto throughput 2x the closest competitor
• 80 Gbps of hardware compression 5x the closest competitor
• Accelerated hardware DDoS protection against over 50 attacks
• Up to 40 high performance virtual BIG-IP® guests (and up to 1280 instances in a 32-device cluster) with compelling price-per-instance savings over other appliance offerings
“We see customers supporting a growing number of applications with a variety of physical, virtual, and cloud-based solutions,” said Karl Triebes, EVP of Product Development and CTO at F5. “With the 2200, organizations can add scalable processing power in an appliance form factor, while maintaining the ability to upgrade systems on demand. In addition, with ScaleN and the F5 Synthesis™ architecture model, customers choosing to deploy hardware and software together can easily combine resources from each within a unified services delivery fabric.”
The VIPRION 2200 chassis is generally available now. Please contact a local F5 sales office for additional information and product availability in specific countries.
F5 (f5.com) provides solutions for an application world. F5 helps organizations seamlessly scale cloud, data center, and software defined networking (SDN) deployments to successfully deliver applications to anyone, anywhere, at any time. F5 solutions broaden the reach of IT through an open, extensible framework and a rich partner ecosystem of leading technology and data center orchestration vendors. This approach lets customers pursue the infrastructure model that best fits their needs over time. The world’s largest businesses, service providers, government entities, and consumer brands rely on F5 to stay ahead of cloud, security, and mobility trends.
F5, F5 Synthesis, ScaleN, VIPRION, Clustered Multiprocessing, vCMP, iRules, iApps, iHealth, DevCentral, Software Defined Application Services, and BIG-IP are trademarks or service marks of F5 Networks, Inc., in the U.S. and other countries. All other product and company names herein may be trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release may contain forward looking statements relating to future events or future financial performance that involve risks and uncertainties. Such statements can be identified by terminology such as "may," "will," "should," "expects," "plans," "anticipates," "believes," "estimates," "predicts," "potential," or "continue," or the negative of such terms or comparable terms. These statements are only predictions and actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these statements based upon a number of factors including those identified in the company's filings with the SEC.
Press Contact: Ashley Paula - Waggener Edstrom Worldwide
P: 415-547-7024 - E: apaula[.]waggeneredstrom.com.