Cassidy Turley, a leading commercial real estate services provider in the U.S., announced today that the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has recognized the firm as a 2014 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for strategically managing and improving the energy efficiency of its entire building portfolio.
Through its partnership with the ENERGY STAR program, Cassidy Turley has improved its energy performance, saved money and helped to protect the environment for future generations.
“Managing energy use in partnership with ENERGY STAR has significantly improved profit margins for our clients,” said Joseph Stettinius, Chief Executive Officer at Cassidy Turley. “With the help of ENERGY STAR’s tools and resources, Cassidy Turley’s property management portfolio is more energy efficient improving our built environment and saving money for building owners and tenants. We are honored to be recognized by EPA for our efforts.”
With a focus on ongoing performance measurement and whole-building improvement, EPA’s ENERGY STAR program provides a proven energy management strategy that has helped Cassidy Turley achieve important reductions in energy use and greenhouse gas emissions on behalf of clients. Key accomplishments of Cassidy Turley’s award-winning energy management program include:
• Centralizing more than 450 of its managed properties into a main ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager® account and training more than 350 Cassidy Turley associates on Portfolio Manager, ensuring that its growing national portfolio is benchmarking energy performance.
• Coordinating over 25 live training courses covering various topics including the Portfolio Manager upgrade, local benchmarking requirements and advanced use of Portfolio Manager.
• Reducing its portfolio-wide, weather-normalized source energy consumption by almost 13% compared to a 2010 baseline, and establishing a new goal to reduce energy consumption by an additional 10% by 2018.
• Earning the ENERGY STAR for more than 25 buildings newly managed by Cassidy Turley.
• Achieving double-digit improvement in the ENERGY STAR scores of 44 buildings in just 12 months.
• Contributing to the success of EPA’s 2013 National Building Competition through the participation of 60 of its buildings.
• Using social media as a way to communicate energy goals, successes and tips to a broad audience.
• Creating a video that highlights strategies to enhance energy efficiency and sustainability in workplace and at home.
“Innovative strategies in energy management are some of the most cost-effective ways to improve the bottom line in the places we work, shop and play,” said EPA Deputy Administrator Bob Perciasepe.
“Cassidy Turley’s leadership in energy management supports the well-being of American families while also fighting climate change.”
The 2014 Partner of the Year Awards are given to a variety of organizations to recognize their contributions to reducing greenhouse gas emissions through superior energy efficiency. The award winners are selected from the 16,000 partners that participate in the ENERGY STAR program and will be recognized in Washington, DC, on April 29, 2014.
Through 2013, with help from ENERGY STAR, American families and businesses have saved $297 billion on utility bills and prevented more than 2.1 billion metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions.
About Cassidy Turley
Cassidy Turley (cassidyturley.com) is a leading commercial real estate services provider with more than 4,000 professionals in more than 60 offices nationwide. With headquarters in Washington, DC, the company represents a wide range of clients from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies, from local non-profits to major institutions. The firm completed transactions valued at $25.8 billion in 2013, manages approximately 400 million square feet on behalf of institutional, corporate and private clients and supports more than 24,000 domestic corporate services locations. Cassidy Turley serves owners, investors and tenants with a full spectrum of integrated commercial real estate services including capital markets, tenant representation, corporate services, project leasing, property management, project and development services, and research and consulting. Cassidy Turley enhances its global service delivery outside North America through a partnership with GVA, giving clients access to commercial real estate professionals in 65 international markets.
About ENERGY STAR
ENERGY STAR (energystar.gov) was introduced by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency in 1992 as a voluntary market-based partnership to reduce greenhouse gas emissions through increased energy efficiency. Today, ENERGY STAR offers businesses and consumers energy-efficient solutions to save energy, money, and help protect the environment for future generations. 16,000 organizations are ENERGY STAR partners committed to improving the energy efficiency of products, homes, and buildings. For more information about ENERGY STAR, visit the website or call toll-free 1-888-STAR-YES (1-888-782-7937).