InterSystems, a global leader in software for connected care, today announced the results of customer evaluations of its InterSystems HealthShare® health informatics platform, as reported in the KLAS report “HIE 2014: Revisiting Great Expectations.” InterSystems HealthShare was the only product for which 100% of customers surveyed said HealthShare is both a “part of their long-term plans” and they “would buy this again.”
Through 257 interviews with 219 healthcare providers, KLAS, an independent research firm focusing on healthcare IT, examines the current state of the health information exchange (HIE) market and the search for reliability, relevance, and transformation. According to preliminary data from the report, InterSystems HealthShare received an overall early data score of 86.6, indicating strength in both “relevance” and “reliability,” as shown in the chart:
Based on early feedback from healthcare providers, the report states “InterSystems may offer one of the best balances between meeting expectations for service and meeting ongoing provider needs. Initially used by public HIEs, InterSystems HealthShare builds on its historical strength in interface engines (Ensemble) and databases (Caché), as well as on its international experience.”
In terms of vendor reliability,“InterSystems is described as a customer-centric partner, but the power and flexibility of the technology is the premier attraction,” the KLAS report added.
Healthcare Providers’ Feedback
The following are verbatim comments from healthcare CIOs, CMIOs and other healthcare leaders who were quoted in the KLAS report:
• “InterSystems is devoted to making their customers successful, especially in the evolving landscape of HIE. They listen and are wedded to flexing and evolving as the landscape shifts. They have a really smart, honorable team.”
• “InterSystems HealthShare is a great HIE platform with access to advanced functionality. We like InterSystems because they can connect to pretty much anything, and HealthShare is very flexible. InterSystems as a company has been very receptive of our feedback, and they seem focused on helping us succeed. “
• “InterSystems is great at patient engagement. They have launched a patient portal that is great. This will go a long way to helping our patients engage with the data. In my opinion, they provide the best technology in the market for that.”
• “We have real-time data coming from a large percentage of providers in our geography, and that is great for care management and coordination. We are looking forward to sending out real-time data on what is happening with each patient across the continuum of care.”
• “The technology that InterSystems provides is very cost-effective because of all the pieces it includes. The portal, analytics, interface engine, and all the other pieces are all under one cover. If I had to buy all of those things individually, I would never be able to afford them.”
(Disclaimer: The preceding are selected commentaries that may not represent the whole of provider sentiment related to this product or service. Visit KLASresearch.com for a complete view.)
“KLAS rankings are highly trusted because they are based on surveys of healthcare providers, not health IT vendors. We are honored to receive this outstanding score in HIE technology from our clients, and we look forward to further serving their HIE needs with a health informatics platform that enables strategic interoperability and analytics for action,” said Paul Grabscheid, InterSystems Vice President of Strategic Planning. “With the continued rapid growth of HealthShare, we anticipate even more customers participating in KLAS interviews this year, so that we can move from the ‘preliminary data’ to the ‘fully ranked’ category.”
KLAS defines HIE as at least two healthcare provider organizations actively exchanging patient data and other information (unidirectionally or bidirectionally). Information must be shared between unowned facilities, meaning separate organizations. HIEs that are not yet actively exchanging data are not counted as live for the purposes of this study.
KLAS is a research firm on a global mission to improve healthcare delivery by enabling providers to be heard and to be counted. Working with thousands of healthcare professionals and clinicians, KLAS gathers data on software, services, medical equipment, and infrastructure systems to deliver timely reports, trends, and statistical overviews. The research directly represents the provider voice and acts as a catalyst for improving vendor performance.
InterSystems (intersystems.com) is a global leader in software for connected care, with headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and offices in 25 countries. InterSystems HealthShare® is a health informatics platform that enables strategic interoperability and analytics for action across a hospital network, community, region or nation. InterSystems CACHÉ® is the world’s most widely used database system in clinical applications. InterSystems Ensemble® is a platform for rapid integration and the development of connectable applications. InterSystems’ products are used by thousands of hospitals and laboratories worldwide, including all of the top 15 hospitals on the Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals as rated by U.S. News and World Report.
Media Inquiries: Kait Jacobs, KLAS
P: 801-734.1591 - E: Kaitlin.Jacobs[.]KLASresearch.com.