Future, the international media group and leading digital business, today announces the launch of over 50 titles on PressReader, the world leader in multi-channel newspaper and magazine content distribution servicing millions of readers worldwide.
PressReader has established global business channels including over 15,000 hotels, libraries, airlines, airport lounges and cruise ships around the world. Through PressReader’s award-winning application and its newly-launched online web portal PressReader.com Future’s flagship titles, including T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Photography Week and Xbox: The Official Magazine, will now be available to millions of readers via their PCs, smartphones, tablets and eReaders running iOS, Android, Amazon for Android, Windows 8 and BlackBerry 10 operating systems.
Iain Russell, App Marketing Manager at Future, says: “Our partnership with PressReader complements Future’s strategy. It enables us to expand our audiences and monetise our content through PressReader’s unique digital distribution channels and cross-platform solution. PressReader is a key partner who will contribute to our global success by increasing discoverability.”
Nikolay Malyarov, Chief Content Officer for PressReader, says: “We are excited to partner with such a well-respected international media company as Future and to be able to offer our readers an expanded collection of special interest content. Because of our rapid expansion into new markets and business verticals, we are focused on diversifying our content and growing our selection of magazines and newspapers to attract a wider audience with a variety of interests.”
Future is already the number one UK publisher of digital editions, delivering more than twice as many as any other publisher. Future is AOP and PPA Digital Publisher of the Year and BMA Media Company of the Year.
About Future plc
• Future plc (futureplc.com) is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
• Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.
• We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
• We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
• We attract more than 57 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com, gamesradar.com, bikeradar.com and musicradar.com.
• Future sold more than 19 million magazines last year, that’s 37 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Xbox: The Official Magazine.
• Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have sold over 5 million digital issues in the last year.
• Future exports or syndicates 218 publications to over 92 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
PressReader (pressreader.com) is an all-you-can-read digital newsstand that connects people through news. More than 30 million people use PressReader to read, share and talk about news. Full issues of 2,500+ global newspapers and magazines can be read online, in print or downloaded via the app. PressReader is offered at thousands of libraries, hotels, corporate offices, airport lounges and other businesses, as well as on airlines and cruise lines worldwide. PressReader partners with more than 3,500 publishers in over 100 countries, providing the technology to help them monetize and distribute their content and the multi-channel digital platforms to grow their global reach and readership.