HIMSS 2014 Booth 2741 - InterSystems, a global leader in software for connected care, and its clients and partners are the first to voice strong support for the new HIMSS Analytics Continuity of Care Maturity Model™ (CCMM), unveiled Tuesday, Feb. 25, at the HIMSS14 Annual Conference & Exhibition.
With seven stages that build on the seminal HIMSS Analytics Electronic Medical Record Adoption Model℠ (EMRAM), the HIMSS Continuity of Care Maturity Model is a global model for healthcare providers that underscores the importance of information exchange, care coordination, interoperability, patient engagement, and analytics, with the ultimate goal of holistic individual and population health management.
The CCMM evaluates healthcare providers’ technology implementation and usage, data collection and analytics, and patient empowerment in optimizing clinical and financial outcomes.
“We believe InterSystems will offer the fastest path to Continuity of Care Maturity Model Level 7. Our technology platform already powers the most advanced EMR deployments at U.S. hospitals EMRAM Stage 7. Our HealthShare informatics platform offers the interoperability and embedded analytics to drive action and improve outcomes. It is already enabling strategic initiatives for care coordination, patient engagement, and population health management, and we look forward to helping our clients on their journey to Level 7 CCM,” said Dominick Bizzarro, RPh, Managing Director, InterSystems HealthShare.
Support for HIMSS Analytics CCMM from InterSystems Clients and Partners
• North Shore-LIJ: “One of the key principles of Accountable Care and good medical care in general is that providers will preemptively address the wellness and disease management needs of their patients. Having a strategic informatics platform that enables interoperability and analytics key pillars of the new HIMSS Analytics Continuity of Care Maturity Model will provide the tools to automatically detect and notify providers of gaps in care or clinical changes, even when the patient is not right in front of the provider. This will enable our providers to proactively intervene and should dramatically improve the health and well being of the people that we serve.”
Michael Oppenheim, MD, Chief Medical Information Officer, North Shore-LIJ
• Rhode Island Quality Institute: “In Rhode Island, through the CurrentCare statewide health information exchange, we are seeing a 16% reduction in the rate of hospital readmissions among participating organizations. The preliminary data suggest that the analytics and information sharing of our interoperable platform is helping to make a real difference in care in the state.”
Gary Christensen, Chief Operating Officer, RIQI
• Ricoh Americas: “Information gaps are a major problem in healthcare. The ability to dynamically capture data at the point of care, and intelligently structure this information for secure sharing among caregivers, delivers vital insight across the entire patient care continuum. The HIMSS Continuity of Care Maturity Model will provide a blueprint for providers that are on path to eliminate information silos, streamline workflows, and make information a vital tool in improving health outcomes.”
Patrick Braun, Vice President, Healthcare Vertical, Ricoh Americas Corporation
• Seattle Children’s: “We believe in the strategic importance of an enabling informatics platform that supports high-value, patient-centered care. The HIMSS Analytics Continuity of Care Maturity Model validates our long-term vision and investment in value- and patient-centric IT systems.”
Wes Wright, SVP, CIO, Seattle Children’s
During the HIMSS 2014 annual conference on Tuesday, February 25th, John Hoyt, HIMSS Analytics Executive Vice President, detailed the following:
1. The seven stages and associated criteria of this new HIMSS model and how it can drive transformation in individual and regional health systems globally.
2. How the model demonstrates the effective use of IT with care coordination, patient/consumer engagement, information exchange, interoperability, analytics and the overall management of the health of individuals and populations.
3. How to optimize outcomes for health systems and patients through alignment with this model.
“We are excited to be able to present the industry with a maturity model that encompasses a holistic approach to healthcare,” said Hoyt. “This is the direction the market is headed and we are happy to provide a tool healthcare delivery organizations and governments can use to gauge their progress towards a more efficient care delivery approach.”
For more information on the HIMSS Analytics Continuity of Care Maturity Model, please visit: himssanalytics.org/emram/
About HIMSS Analytics
HIMSS Analytics (himssanalytics.org) collects, analyzes and distributes essential health IT data related to products, costs, metrics, trends and purchase decisions. It delivers quality data and analytical expertise to healthcare delivery organizations, IT companies, governmental entities, financial, pharmaceutical and consulting companies.
HIMSS Analytics is a part of HIMSS, a cause-based global enterprise that produces health IT thought leadership, education, events, market research and media services around the world. Founded in 1961, HIMSS encompasses more than 52,000 individual members, of which more than two-thirds work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations across the globe, plus over 600 corporate members and 250 not-for-profit partner organizations, that share this cause. HIMSS, headquartered in Chicago, serves global health IT communities with additional offices in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
InterSystems (intersystems.com) is a global leader in software for connected care, with headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and offices in 25 countries. InterSystems HealthShare® is a health informatics platform that enables strategic interoperability and analytics for action across a hospital network, community, region, or nation. InterSystems Caché® is the world’s most widely used database system in clinical applications. InterSystems Ensemble® is a platform for rapid integration and the development of connectable applications. InterSystems products are used by thousands of hospitals and laboratories worldwide, including all of the top 15 hospitals on the Honor Roll of America’s Best Hospitals as rated by U.S. News and World Report.
Media Contact: Heather Frechette-Crowley - HIMSS Analytics
P: 802-922-9961 - E: heather.crowley[.]himssanalytics.org.