In its second year as an independent company, Genesys achieved record growth, with 2013 revenue surpassing $740 million (representing over 20 percent annual growth) and EBIT surpassing $200 million (representing over 15 percent annual growth). In addition, the company expanded its cloud-based offerings through award winning customer experience solutions and strategic investments. Genesys generated over 20 percent of its revenue from its cloud-based solutions and is now one of the largest cloud players in its industry.
The company received industry-wide recognition for its technology innovation and customer experience leadership throughout 2013. Frost & Sullivan named Genesys the “Company of the Year for North America,” noting the company’s creative roadmap, improved services offerings and promising cloud strategy. Gartner rated Genesys a leader in its Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Infrastructure, a challenger in its Magic Quadrant for Contact Center Workforce Optimization, and awarded Genesys with a strong positive rating in its MarketScope report for IVR Systems and Enterprise Voice Portals. In addition, IDC named Genesys an Asia-Pacific contact center market-leader, and SpeechTEK Magazine awarded Genesys as its 2013 Speech Analytics Market Leader.
Additional 2013 Highlights:
• Genesys delivered three new and easy-to-deploy contact center editions (Editions) built on a common platform, the Genesys Customer Experience Platform. These include Premier Edition for small to midsized contact centers, Business Edition for midsized contact centers and Enterprise Edition for large contact centers. All three Editions are available in pure cloud configurations while Business and Enterprise Editions are also available in on-premise and hybrid-cloud configurations. These offerings extend Genesys’ best-in-class customer experience solutions to companies of all sizes and represent the most comprehensive set of contact center solutions ever provided by a single vendor.
• Genesys launched a comprehensive suite of Cloud offerings for new and existing Genesys customers of all sizes. The Cloud offerings include Contact Center (the three Editions mentioned above), Voice Self-Service, Proactive Customer Communications, Mobile Marketing and Workforce Optimization solutions. All three Editions are built on the Genesys Customer Experience Platform and help organizations to deliver optimal customer experiences that drive revenue and customer loyalty, while reducing churn and costs.
• To form the Premier Edition, Genesys combined its best-in-class cloud-based self-service interactive voice response (bolstered through its Angel.com investment) with its award winning contact center solutions.
• Within the cloud-segment of Enterprise Edition, growth was accelerated by Genesys’ investment in Echopass, the leading provider of cloud-based contact center solutions to large enterprises. Echopass brought unprecedented scale to the Genesys Cloud offering for large enterprises, which often require flexible deployment scenarios, including pure cloud and hybrid-cloud configurations.
• Genesys pioneered a new Actionable Analytics solution, a patent-pending groundbreaking approach to analyzing and leveraging customer interaction data to make critical business decisions and trigger automated workflows based on customer voice and text interactions. Actionable Analytics is built upon the industry’s leading speech and text analytics engine, enabled through the 2013 investment in UTOPY. Since the addition of UTOPY, Genesys has increased its speech analytics revenue by more than 300 percent.
• The company introduced Genesys Proactive Engagement, a powerful new offering to increase web sales and first contact resolution for customer service. Genesys Proactive Engagement helps companies combine real-time behavioral analytics with historical customer interaction and transaction data to determine the right time, channel, and person to engage web visitors.
• Genesys strengthened its solutions portfolio by expanding its Proactive Customer Communications offerings, which enable organizations to differentiate their customer experience by personalizing outbound email, mobile and contact center interactions. Genesys’ Proactive Customer Communications solutions were accelerated by Genesys’ SoundBite investment and today delivers more than 2 billion messages annually in 30 countries for more than 350 customer experience leaders. The SoundBite investment also strengthened Genesys’ market-leading payments solutions.
• Genesys disrupted the traditional Workforce Optimization (WFO) market with the introduction of Continuous Workforce Optimization. This new and innovative solution fully integrates WFO and contact center infrastructure to automate highly manual processes and to drive performance improvement, service level adherence and customer experience improvement. The solution is complemented by the introduction of Interaction Recording, which provides organizations with quality audio and desktop screen recordings of customer interactions a critical quality and regulatory compliance solution for modern contact centers.
• In Brazil, Genesys added a cloud-based workforce optimization solution from Voran Technologia to complement the industry leading Genesys Prime cloud offering. Genesys Prime is the most complete, end-to-end cloud-based contact center solution available in Latin America.
“In 2013, we took enormous strides towards simplifying our offerings and disrupting the cloud-based contact center industry by bringing the power of Genesys to new market segments,” said Paul Segre, President and CEO of Genesys. “We enter 2014 ready to unleash new and innovative Genesys solutions that will empower companies across the globe to use customer experience as a strategic differentiator for their businesses.”
Genesys (genesys.com) is a leading provider of multi-channel customer experience and contact center solutions. With over 3,500 customers in 80 countries, Genesys orchestrates more than 100 million customer interactions every day across the contact center, front and back office. Genesys helps customers power optimal customer experiences that deliver consistent, seamless and personalized experiences across all touchpoints, channels and interactions. Genesys is one of the ten largest private software companies in the world. A controlling interest in Genesys is held by Permira Funds (permira.com) with participation from Technology Crossover Ventures (tcv.com).