PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2007/02/12 - Tired of unsollicited emails Urbandale group of companies select PineApp Mail-SeCure Antispam, Antivirus Appliances and Wavenet Systems Inc. to illiminate it.
Urbandale group of companies celebrated its 49th year in Ottawa as one of the region's largest home builders, land developers, and rental property owners. With additional operations in Montreal and Palm Beach, Florida, Urbandale is currently active in five communities across Canada's National Capital Region.
Urbandale group of companies receives a lot of spam each day. Taking into account the amount of spam Urbandale receives daily, the time users spend a day opening, reading and deleting spam mail, is as much as 15 minutes per employee per working day. With the large amount of spam in user’s mailboxes, accidental deletion of legitimate mail was real issue for many users.
• To find a cost effective and easy to manage spam and virus filtering solution capable of handling thousands of emails per day.
• To find a cost effective technical support solution capable of reducing the burden of administering Corporate mail in a spam related environment.
• To find an appliance, rather than software solution that would remove the heavy load spam places on mail servers.
“PineApp’s Mail-SeCure has a clean and simple user interface anyone can understand in minutes with no need for hundreds of pages of documentation or expensive training.
In today's busy world, I.T. departments do not have time for spam and viruses let alone administering appliances on a daily basis.” Andy Muller - Network Administrator.
The solution Urbandale required needed to comply with the following demands:
• Excellent detection rates
• False positives close to 0%
• Close to zero spam leaks
• The solution was required to provide stability on mail traffic peak, protect against all type of spam, including image based spam;
• The solution was required to always provide high availability, even when Urbandale’s mail traffic is high;
• The solution was required to filter files and programs, even if file was named to hide its true extension;
• The solution was required to allow for end user customizable daily reports as well as for allowing release of false positives.
PineApp's Enterprise Solution:
Urbandale’s Network Administrator, Andy Muller, carried out an extensive search for the best performing solution that will also meet the Company requirements. PineApp Mail-SeCure’s anti-spam performance exceeded performance in all criteria tested.
PineApp Mail-SeCure features different engines one of which is Commtouch’s RPD™ technology engine. The combination of this technology with the ability to control the system’s sensitivity to spam provides excellent results. Close to 0% false positives and high anti-spam percentage capture, ensures minimal time is spent by the IT department in managing the system’s quarantine.
“The first few days users questioned if the mail system was down because they have not received any spam!”
Not Just Anti-Spam:
One of Mail-SeCure’s features is the ability to analyze traffic and report possible phishing (bank fraud email is an example of phishing attack).
PineApp Mail-SeCure is also an excellent anti-virus solution as well. Mail-SeCure identified and blocked viruses that passed through other anti-virus solutions.
Mail-SeCure has 5 anti-virus engines:
• Commtouch’s Zero-Hour™ provides a 100% virus-proof system
• 2 PineApp antivirus systems.
“Their appliances are robust, enterprise class, and ready to protect you right out of the box with little or no need for configuration changes.”
Reducing support calls:
Prior to implementing Mail-SeCure, the Network Administrator received a lot of Spam related calls. After implementation, the number of calls was reduced to almost zero.
Return on investment:
PineApp's solution has reduced ownership costs and solved all spam.
issues. The ROI on implementing Mail-SeCure will be achieved within a year.
• Significantly less expensive than competing solutions with the same features and benefits
• Email spam filter based on 11 different spam detection engines delivers “out of the box” a detection ratio of more then 98% and less then 0.01% of false positive
• Easy management through an intuitive GUI
• User-friendly logs and statistics
• Unlimited user licensing: PineApp price the antispam and antivirus appliances, not by the number of users, but by the capacity of the organization.
“These devices are truly what every appliance manufacturer should aspire towards.”
PineApp Mail-SeCure antispam and antivirus appliances are distributed in Canada by Wavenet Systems Inc.