Media and publishers are seeing their business eroded by the impact of the technological revolution and the new habits of consumers. These companies are forced to produce content of more quality at lower costs and to explore new ways of monetization.
Semantic technologies allow extracting meaning from all types of content and make them easier to exploit, analyze and relate. Textalytics (textalytics.com) is the Meaning as a Service product of the company Daedalus (daedalus.es) and it consists of a set of vertical semantic APIs - optimized for different applications and sectors - which permit a plug-and-play approach in the application of these technologies. With Textalytics, developers and integrators do not need to become experts in semantic technologies or develop custom pipelines to reach high productivity and a rapid time-to-market.
Textalytics (textalytics.com) has just released a new Semantic Publishing API, especially designed for media, publishers and content providers in general which can be applied to all the activities of their value chain and helps to produce and publish more valuable and personalized content, more quickly and at lower costs.
For all those companies dedicated to the generation, publication or distribution of any kind of content, this new Semantic Publishing API can be useful in many areas:
• In file management, it permits to automate tagging and classification of massive volumes of documentation, to make it much more findable, analyzable, and reusable.
• In information generation, it permits to produce more quickly quality content reusing related contents, documenting with references and ensuring compliance with standard criteria.
• In publication and distribution, makes contents more findable in search engines and social media and facilitates the detection of related information, increasing customer engagement and satisfaction.
• In monetization, permits to automatically create customized products and exploit new advertising alternatives based on the semantic matching of ads and branded content.
"This Semantic Publishing API incorporates the know-how that Daedalus has developed by working with the most significant companies in these sectors (PRISA, Unidad Editorial, Vocento, RTVE, lainformacion.com, etc.)" said César de Pablo, Product Manager of Textalytics. "We have transformed this know-how into semantic resources, process pipelines and specific configurations for the most common applications and scenarios of this sector: file management, content generation, customization of information products, etc."
Functionally, the Semantic Publishing API provides two access points:
• Semantic Tagging and Enriching. This service allows extracting the most important elements of meaning from content and connecting them to external information sources and linked data. By identifying unambiguously people, organizations, places, concepts and themes that appear in contents, it is possible to obtain their "meaning footprint" and make them more manageable, analyzable and exploitable. Then, their connection with sources such as Dbpedia, Geonames, Freebase or SUMO, allows incorporating additional relevant information and multiply their value.
• Proofreading and standardization. This service provides advanced functions of spell, grammar and style checking that ease the generation of quality content.
In addition, the customization features available for all Textalytics APIs, make possible to configure the operation of Semantic Publishing services through the integration of user-specific dictionaries, classification taxonomies, etc.
Soon, this API will offer plug-ins for the most common content managers (e.g. WordPress, Drupal) to permit the access to the functionalities of tagging, enrichment, proofreading and linking in a totally integrated way with the most common content platforms.