PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Kitwe, Zambia, 2014/02/06 - The President of Zambia’s Chamber of Mines, Mr. Emmanuel Mutati, heads up an impressive list of speakers at the upcoming Copperbelt Mining Trade Expo and Conference or CBM-TEC in Kitwe, Zambia from 28-29 April - CBM-TEC.com.
The official brochure for the event, which is expected to be attended by 1500 mining experts, was launched this week.
“CBM-TEC’s offering is unique because it takes the marketplace to the operations while addressing technical and practical issues in the Zambian mining sector”, says event director Nicole Smith. Organised in association with Electra Mining Africa, the event consists of a professional attendance expo with free technical workshops, aimed at engineers, geologists and plant managers, and presentations plus a two-day strategic and operations-focused conference.
Putting the Copperbelt on the map
"CBM-TEC will help to create stakeholders linkages with various players in the country and abroad with a view to establishing productive partnerships,” says Mrs Maureen J Dlamini, the CEO of Zambia’s Chamber of Mines, an official supporter of the event. She continues: “CBM-TEC carries the theme of Putting Zambia’s Copperbelt on the map local strategies for creating sustainable world-class mining operations, which tandem with the chamber’s role of promoting value addition and promotion of local entrepreneurs in the mining business.”
Conference speakers announced
Other speakers on the conference programme in Kitwe include:
• Zambia Development Agency, Zambia: Mr Mukula Makasa MSE Director
• Kalumbila Minerals Ltd, Zambia: Mr Garth Lapperman, Resettlement and Community Engagement Manager
• Zambia Ministry of Environment: Mr Jewette Masinja, Former Permanent Secretary
• Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management: Mr Namuchana Musiwa, Former President
• Association of Zambian Exploration Companies: Mr Nathan Chishimba, President
• Lubambe Copper Mines, Zambia: Gary Strong, GM
• Chibuluma Copper Mines, Zambia: Jackson Sikamo, GM
Main conference topics are:
• Putting Zambia’s Copperbelt on the map local strategies for creating sustainable world-class mining operations
• Roadmap for developing the local supply chain
• Creating a sustainable mining industry best practices for managing the environment
• Creating optimal conditions for mining output the energy question
• Skilling up the Zambian mining sector best practices
• Infrastructure requirements to boost mining operations
• Snapshot of mining exploration and mine expansion projects
Some 80 leading names in the mining community have already confirmed as exhibitors including: Murray & Roberts Zambia, Barloworld, Specialty Emergency Services, Mintek, Verder Pumps, Oryx oil, Set Point Zambia and more!
Event dates and location:
Conference and expo: 28-29 April, 2014
Location: Mist Gardens Venue, Kitwe. Zambia