PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
San Diego, CA, United States, 2014/01/23 - Imani Lee, Inc, a San Diego-based translation and certification company, has been approved to join the UNGC to help support human rights, labor laws, environmental sustainability, and anti-corruption - ImaniLee.com.
Imani Lee, Inc. has been approved by the United Nations to participate in the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). This initiative the largest of its kind is intended to link businesses together with the United Nations to work toward a sustainable, ethical global economy, built on the compact’s Ten Principles in the areas of human rights, labor, the environment, and anti-corruption.
Imani Lee, Inc. has already demonstrated its desire and capability to participate in corporate projects centered on issues of global importance, especially on those concerning human rights. In 2013, Imani Lee began working with the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) on its initiative to document the Kurdish Genocide, undertaking the task of translating previously classified, top-secret and secret government documents from Arabic into English related to the chemical attacks on the city of Halabja on March 16, 1988. After 70 days of tireless work on this first of five phases of the larger Kurdish Genocide project, the first batch of translated documents were used to sponsor a US congressional bill, H.Res. 422, sponsored by Rep. Chris Van Hollen, (D-Maryland) and Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-Tennessee). A successful vote will declare that the United States officially recognizes the attack as an act of genocide against the Kurdish people. Copies of the translated documents are also set to be displayed at the United States Library of Congress and the United States Holocaust Museum. Currently, Imani Lee is working on the next phase of translation, editing, and harmonization on more documents regarding further acts of genocide in Kurdistan.
“Having already worked on such important human rights projects, we are very proud and excited to have been accepted into this initiative,” said Lee Martin, CEO of Imani Lee, Inc. “As we continue our efforts with the KRG, we now look forward to working alongside the United Nations and other international corporations to do our part to create a more sustainable and ethical global environment.”
About Imani Lee, Inc.
Imani Lee, Inc. and Imani Lee Language Services have been serving domestic and global markets for over 11 years. Since 2002, Imani Lee and its affiliate companies have been trusted by some of the world’s fastest-growing businesses, the US government and civilian entities. Imani Lee has worked with these companies and governments to develop a suite of international expansion services, language services including Big Linguistics™ and distribution solutions. Imani Lee is a leading provider of:
• Language services including translation, interpretation, transcription, training, website development, website optimization, desktop publishing and role-playing. Imani Lee possesses in-house language experts in Korean, Japanese, Arabic, Dari, Farsi, French, Kurdish, Hindi, Pashto, Punjabi, Chinese-Mandarin, Spanish, English and Urdu. In conjunction with its network of over 3,500 linguists, Imani Lee provides translation services in 150+ languages and dialects.
• Direct-to-consumer certification and notarization services
• Multilingual content and development
• Life sciences language services including multi-phase harmonization and validation
• International business localization and cultural training
• International strategic alliance and partnership consulting services
• International sales rollout and distribution of new and existing products and services
• Market entry strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) assessments
• Federal and civilian government distribution, sales, master agreement product and services inclusion and partnership services
Visit the Imani Lee website to receive a quote or gain more information.